8 lights 1 switch

Totally agree with you. And incandescent lamps dimmed by lowering the voltage change from white light to a lovely warm orange glow. ( two lamps in series provide near perfect dimming ) You cannot achieve that effect with LED lamps.
Given how so many people have neophobia, I'm not at all convinced that if we had always had LED lighting, and incandescent was a recent invention, you wouldn't see moans about how these new lights changed colour as you dimmed them.

Anyway - incandescent lamps are not needed as a solution to your dimming whinge - try dimmable RGBW LEDs, then you can control the brightness and the colour.

Sponsored Links
- try dimmable RGBW LEDs, then you can control the brightness and the colour.

So far I and several others have not been able to find a LED lamp that can replicate incandescent light.

Neophobia is a very useful "illness" to have when designing a new system or new piece of equipment. Far too many designers ignore the old things and create new things without due consideration of the adverse effects of the "wonderful" new technology.

So far I and several others have not been able to find an electric lamp that can replicate candle light.

Do you ever go outside, Bernard? Just wondered how you tolerate your environment being illuminated by the Sun.

Neophobia is a very useful "illness" to have when designing a new system or new piece of equipment. Far too many designers ignore the old things and create new things without due consideration of the adverse effects of the "wonderful" new technology.
That's very true.

But what I was referring to was the rejection of new things simply because they are different. Look at all the people who used to complain about CFLs because, oh the horror of it, they had to wait a second or two for them to get to full brightness. I bet they'd have objected to incandescent lamps if they'd been around at their introduction because of the way that they sprang instantly into full brightness, unlike the good old candles/oil lamps/gas lights.

So far I and several others have not been able to find a LED lamp that can replicate incandescent light.
is what I wrote

BAS edited the text in his quotation of my words.

He replaced "LED lamp" with "electric lamp" and tried to justify it by saying " 100-odd years ago a nameless inventor" said it.

He won't change his ways because if he did then neophobics would reject him....

Sponsored Links
is what I wrote

BAS edited the text in his quotation of my words.
Except I also edited the name so as not to attribute it to you.

He replaced "LED lamp" with "electric lamp" and tried to justify it by saying " 100-odd years ago a nameless inventor" said it.
The point I was making is that things change, and that it makes just as much sense to complain about not being able to find a LED lamp that can replicate incandescent light as it would have done to complain about not being able to find an electric lamp that could replicate candle light.

I'm sorry that that went so far over your head that you felt aggrieved by it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back