8 lights 1 switch

Sponsored Links
You have light fittings made out of cheese??

haha yea I like the smell :)

Well, i've got 3 plumbed in, all works well, pretty pleased with the lights, nice and bright and seem to fill the area well. I've put my junction boxes in to allow for the rest to be installed when I next get a chance. I've put the whole thing on a plug for now as the electrics in the garage are already pretty ropey (that's from the electrician rather than me) so the intention is to have a sparky come check the thing out first and make the final connection into the mains.

for now though it's essentially a switched lighting circuit that I plug in. thanks for the advice

Sponsored Links
OMG.
8 lights in a garage, plus a bank for 4 additional lights! The mind boggles!
(Down-lights - no doubt! - but, I could be wrong.)
Can you imagine the wattage used if these are halogen lamps? (Possibly, 400 W to 600 W)

One might hope that they are LED, but there are better LED devices than downlights, which these may be.

B-A-S, do you wish to impart your wisdom?

My bedroom (approx 16sq m) has 750w of halogen (MR16) lighting running from two separate switches.

I like well lit rooms....

As much as I want to like LED, IMO the light from incandescent bulbs is much nicer. I absolutely hate the strobing effect that seems to be common to many LED lights.

As much as I want to like LED, IMO the light from incandescent bulbs is much nicer.

Totally agree with you. And incandescent lamps dimmed by lowering the voltage change from white light to a lovely warm orange glow. ( two lamps in series provide near perfect dimming ) You cannot achieve that effect with LED lamps.

but light switches and fittings are usually rated for 6A or 10A so not really acceptable for a 13A circuit.

Is it? That's good. I need to add a socket in my kitchen and have some spare 1mm cable. Save me buying some more cable

You could for one socket. It does have the same size CPC as 1.5mm².

It is forbidden for some reason by the spurious Table 52.3.

Still there in the 18th.

Still no definition anywhere of "power circuit".

Still a meaningless regulation which may be ignored.

My bedroom (approx 16sq m) has 750w of halogen (MR16) lighting running from two separate switches.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl5.gif

rofl5.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

rofl.gif
rofl5.gif
rofl.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back