84 LED Bulbs so Expensive at £350!

And I don't really see what stud walls has to do with lifting floorboards. If the board goes under the stud wall, you just cut it on a joist line.

It doesn't, just stud wall may be in the vicinity of the shower light in the main bathroom; although that 50w SMPS I can easily pull down. I could get to the 150w SMPS, just would mean moving loads of heavy stuff in the loft to get the floor boards up.

Sponsored Links
You do realise that the majority of the time, you don't need to replace the entire fitting, you can just swap the GU5.3 holder for a GU10 holder?
Always assuming that the luminaire is safe at 230V, and has been tested by the manufacturer to prove that it is.

If you couldn't buy them, modify them and sell them as 230V items then you cannot tell people to modify them themselves.

Oh no...:cry::rolleyes:...not this again;
Yep - this again, and it will continue until people stop using those sorts of lights.

I like my rooms well lit
Clearly not, or you would use lights which do the job well.

and spot lights IMO are a good way to light a room.
You are wrong, and I can prove it.

I know you think spot lights are a inefficient light source BAS, but I beg to disagree - after all I have 17 of them in my kitchen. 2.4W of lighting per M² is good in my opinion.
And there's the proof.

Wattage is irrelevant - they could total 2.4mW and it would still be wrong.

It's the 17 which is the problem.

As to IP rating there is nothing on the lamp which gives any IP rating. The fitting may be IP65 with a MR16 halogen but with a LED it may not be.

Why would it matter when then the LED lamps are inside a IP65 enclosure o_O:?:
Because most 2" spot lights do not have a glass in front of the lamp, the glass is part of the lamp, so remove the glass lamp and replace it with a plastic lamp and water may get in through joints in the plastic, some even have vents in the plastic. Likely the fitting does not need to be IP65 in which case no problem.

As to converting to GU10 there is no way I would ever try to convert my bathroom MR16 pods to low voltage. The way the pod plugs into the ceiling plate I would not trust it with low voltage. To change extra low voltage to low voltage change the whole fitting then sure ALL parts are good for low voltage.

Sponsored Links
Wattage is irrelevant - they could total 2.4mW and it would still be wrong.

Wattage is some what partially relevant because I yet to see 2.4mW worth of lighting that can put out 5610 Lumens of light.

It's the 17 which is the problem.

Then show me a solution to light a 36M² kitchen what does not involve cutting massive squares out in the ceiling for office style panel lighting. In my mind having 17 spots is just a domestic and smaller version of having 20 or so 400w HPS/MH low bay fitting in a sports hall.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back