8mm gas pipe

Sponsored Links
LPG or NG
Rated input of appliance.
Length of pipe plus bends / fittings would help.

Sounds like typical RPH installation.!!!

♂️ God don't I dread to think!
At least I know its not right and will have to get it looked at. Apparently it was installed by a qualified gas safe registered engineer employed by the shop that the fire was bought from and installed by, go figure?!

If RGI involved, then he has to be reported or Gas Safe involved as some of the regulations infractions are listed below.
1. Appliance inlet pressure
2. Adequate support of pipe
3. Protection of gas line
4. Not following appliance instructions
5. Has the chimney been checked?
6. Spillage and ventilation ( if required)

Above list is based on pipe run being substandard according to what has been posted. As said, 8mm reaches its limit at 1m or there about for most fires. If the installer has pooped on gas line run, what else is he blind to

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
So after opening my eyes o_O I realised I was wrong, the pipe going round is 15mm the clips have snapped so it's hanging down, I've read it's not ment to touch the wall?
Anyway the 8mm pipe still comes from the fire along the wall inside through the back wall and along the outside wall for about 1 mtr, in total I'd say just under 3mtrs of 8mm used. I think I will get the 15mm extended inside and get a shut off valve that goes form 15 to 8mm put on aswell?

Sponsored Links
So after opening my eyes o_O I realised I was wrong, the pipe going round is 15mm the clips have snapped so it's hanging down, I've read it's not ment to touch the wall?
Anyway the 8mm pipe still comes from the fire along the wall inside through the back wall and along the outside wall for about 1 mtr, in total I'd say just under 3mtrs of 8mm used. I think I will get the 15mm extended inside and get a shut off valve that goes form 15 to 8mm put on aswell?
If the clips have snapped then the incorrect clips have been used. Plastic clips are not permitted to be used on external gas pipes unless they're UV stabilised to prevent them going brittle and breaking. They should ideally be replaced with brass munson rings

They are plastic and 99% of them have snapped! I will get some new brass 1s a little job I can do, thanks again muggles (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back