9448 Alarm System Keypad Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have a 9448 alarm system with a main unit upstairs in the cupboard and a separate keypad next to the door. I have just returned home from a weekend home and found the keypad by the door to not be working. I have not had a power cut as far as I am aware. The key pad is fully lit up and beeps when keys are pressed - the light for mains power supply is also lit but I cannot function the alarm (i.e. set it, turn it off, use the panic feature) at all with the key pad. Has anyone got any suggestions how I might fix this?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Down power system totally and repower , when was the last time the battery was replaced ?

A mouse has eaten the cable? If you have a multimeter or continuity tester, disconnect the keypad cable at both ends, strip and twist ALL the conductors (including any spares) together at one end and then check continuity at the other end. Check red to black, blue, yellow, green, white, brown, orange then black to blue, yellow, green, white, brown, orange, then blue to yellow, green etc., etc.. If you've got no continuity, you've got a broken cable. If some of the wires are okay, use them and chop off the broken ones.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back