A day to be proud

If sylvan tieger gives us a link to that Aussie plumbers website he goes on we could all go on it and give them some stick about the gold shortage down under. :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
I wonder how much each medal has cost the lottery tax payer?...

certainly far more than the equivalent weight in whatever metal won... ;)

i wonder how much it brings in, in sponsership and additional revenue from the intrest it creates?

i wonder how much it brings in, in sponsership and additional revenue from the intrest it creates?
Of course it brings in extra 'revenue' - but only to the big corporate 'interests'!

Show me evidence of only one olympic games that has brought about a true legacy to the host country (on budget or not) that has had a positive effect on it's economy!

Sponsored Links
Its the boost for public morale more than anything
Ah..

And of course as a bonus, in times of 'difficulty' always go for sport or war to get the masses behind a common cause... ;)

Its the boost for public morale more than anything
How does that work then? Make you more likely to accept a 2.3% pay rise when inflations at 4-odd percent? Less likely to chin the little prat next door for playing his music at max volume into the small hours, night after night? Come after the missus for once? Ah, we've got loads of medals....all is well with the world.

:rolleyes:

Well the London games should be fun.

Osama is already training his team for their entries, and the opening ceremony will "blow away" everyone who attends. Chinese fireworks? Pah!

So with the massive amount of the populations money being pumped into this mother of all white elephants, and then the inevitable huge security costs, someone is welcome to post back here in 2013 and highlight what benefits this has had for the UK.

TBH, I have heard very little general talk of these Olympics - in fact the summers Euro football was much more talked about and we weren't even in it!

Hmm..

So given that apparently (according to some) we should be feeling so much better than a couple of weeks ago, a thought comes to mind...

Do you think the other 'Team GB' might be pondering about a 'snap election' around the time of the 'heroes parade' in the autumn?

Hmm..

So given that apparently (according to some) we should be feeling so much better than a couple of weeks ago, a thought comes to mind...

Do you think the other 'Team GB' might be pondering about a 'snap election' around the time of the 'heroes parade' in the autumn?

i think we would have a feelgood factor then when they lose! :LOL: i think they will try and turn it into a marathon though and cling on till the last possible date

I am surprised that there is no advertising whatsoever at the Olympics. :eek:

Don't understand why this bandwagon is not rolling as the advertisers would be queuing up for the global exposure! :confused:

Anyone know why :?:

IIRC, Eddie the Eagle got more publicity and public interest than any of the current gold medal winners such as ..... er.... well ..... er, hang on I'll remember one of their names ... just give me a minute .... or two

I am surprised that there is no advertising whatsoever at the Olympics. :eek:

Don't understand why this bandwagon is not rolling as the advertisers would be queuing up for the global exposure! :confused:

Anyone know why :?:

Sponsored Links
Back