A little bit too aggressive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I dumped a cigarette butt (it was actually a rolling cigarette tip, so even smaller that a standard cigarette tip) in a corner on the street.

The neareast ashtray was the other side of the street, and I genuinely haven't seen it. So I dumped the butt it in a corner where other cigarette butts were, so the spot was already dirty.

When the officer approached me I did explain that I didn't see it and I offered to pick it up and dispose it properly, albeit the same spot would still be dirty.

He said I can pick it up if I want, but he still will fine me £150.

Considering that they do have the option of asking to pick it up before giving the ticket, its obvious that he was not willing to do so and just want to give the ticket.

I think that this attitude is a bit too aggressive and you should be given an option, considering the curcumstances.

Sponsored Links
The spot was already dirty, because people like you dump their fag ends, from their filthy habit........Guilty.

Bit steep £150 for that imo. Id question that however we have litter wardens in our city and had one follow me as I was looking for a bin. Found one then noticed the guy watching me dumping rubbish.
He nodded and wandered off but I thought it was all a bit odd although our city still looks a dump. Not really our culture to be tidy judging but the rubbish everywhere

150 squid

bit harsh imo

Doubt the shop lifters would get fined that amount

Dare say if you had been an asylum seeker / immigrant you could have played the race card :idea:

Sponsored Links
I pulled my phone out of my pocket and a tissue fell out with it. As I was picking it up, one of these litternazi "officers" appeared.

He told me he was going to fine me. I wished him luck with his venture. I reminded him of the policy of that particular council which was that accidentally dropped items were not litter unless left. And in any case, the dropper should be asked to pick up and only be fined if they refused.

He was not a happy bunny.

I bet you won't do that again in a hurry.

Who are these jobs worth fruit cakes

there not plod are they ??

if not why give em yer name

tell them to go and do one

I dumped a cigarette butt (it was actually a rolling cigarette tip, so even smaller that a standard cigarette tip) in a corner on the street.

The neareast ashtray was the other side of the street, and I genuinely haven't seen it. So I dumped the butt it in a corner where other cigarette butts were, so the spot was already dirty.

When the officer approached me I did explain that I didn't see it and I offered to pick it up and dispose it properly, albeit the same spot would still be dirty.

Considering that they do have the option of asking to pick it up before giving the ticket, its obvious that he was not willing to do so and just want to give the ticket.

I think that this attitude is a bit too aggressive and you should be given an option, considering the curcumstances.

But officer I only dumped my commercial waste down that beautiful country lane because someone else did.
Otherwise I would have paid for disposal.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and a tissue fell out with it. As I was picking it up, one of these litternazi "officers" appeared.

He told me he was going to fine me. I wished him luck with his venture. I reminded him of the policy of that particular council which was that accidentally dropped items were not litter unless left. And in any case, the dropper should be asked to pick up and only be fined if they refused.

He was not a happy bunny.

Are you saying the litternazi was dressed as a bunny rabbit?

I used to take them for a ride outside tube stations.
I would walk about up and down with a fag and the fools follow every step.
Then I'd pretend to flick the butt on the pavement and they'd approach at the speed of light.
I let them talk their caper and then show the butt still lit in my hand.
Their jaw dropping to the floor makes a nice sound :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Plod should have said if you clean up that whole area and put all the filthy mess like yours in a bin, he wouldn't book you.

Beats me why people do some sort of damage and expect to get off when caught as long as they undo the damage.

No, it's called punishment.

Officer or council employee?

If the latter, you don't need to give your name and can walk way.

Guilty as charged and the £150 fine is light considering how many you have thrown away over the years. People have been paid to clean your rubbish up so now it's payback time.
Learn some respect and save money by not throwing litter. It's a win win situation

Sponsored Links
Back