A mention to the swansea miners

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How sad about the four miners from Swansea lost their lives doing a days work and although any time is bad to lose a family member coming towards xmas will be hard for those families involved, my thoughts are with them....just think guys all those little things we complain about is nothing compared to this.

Sponsored Links
There's a construction worker killed every week - how about sparing them a thought too?

My condolences to the deceased miners and all their family members, after this awful tragedy, may the departed rest in peace.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
Obviously being a resident of sunny Wales we feel particularly affected by this tragedy. Our thoughts are with all those whose relatives and friends who have lost a love one.

Gorffwys mewn hedd

A now departed Welsh singer once recorded a song entitled The Price Of Coal,and what a terrible price it is, they died with their boots on.

God bless them all.
Dec

The media was all over this, and as soon as it was apparent, that the miners died, in their duty, soon dropped the story. RIP brave men, I would not like to be working in those conditions. But media quickly moved onto other subjects..that's harsh isn't it? After all the hype from the other pit disaster, and non coverage of another pit disaster?

Remeber the thousands of miners in this country that lost their life, that are not remembered. Memorials are held, but this brings it to the fore.

Sponsored Links
Back