Goodye Susiejb.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
As some of you are aware by now, Susie has left the forum.
I don't suppose that many have you have guessed but Susie and I are very good friends off the forum. No nothing like that. We've never met or even talked on the phone - just friends via PM.
We are both writing novels, so we have that in common.

As you know, we have been pushing for a 'hobbies' forum to cover creative writing, poetry and stuff like that.
In the mean time she started a thread in the 'Word Games' sub forum about book revues and 'all things nice'. Sadly, some of the 'members' here thought it a good idea to turn it into a thread of 'childish toilet ditties' as if they were in some way being clever or funny. They were neither. They were just spiteful people who felt belittled that they couldn't join in - so set out on a campaign of spoiling. It was the one thread in the whole forum where egos and venom were left at the door.
Having seen her thread trashed, she has decided to leave.
That's a sad loss to this forum and all those within it that were genuine.
Just as two bad families can wreck a whole estate, so two bad forumites can wreck a forum.
We actually had an email from Admin saying that a hobbies forum would be created - but she has mailed him back to cancel it - it would only be trashed in like manner.
So there you have it. A valued and respected member lost.
Someone who tried to make the forum a better place, and a forum that will be poorer for here leaving.

Sponsored Links
Whatever Joe, you're the last person on here to be criticising others for being spiteful you dope! :rolleyes:

Whatever Joe, you're the last person on here to be criticising others for being spiteful you dope! :rolleyes:
People in glass houses should nt throw stones, if you can't say anything constructive, then please don't say anything.
I respected susie for the contributions she made, she was never rude or offensive, it's the forums loss, not her's.

Wotan

Sponsored Links
When you consider freddie mercuries twin is one of them - what hope does it have?

BTW that should read book REVIEW not REVUE. Silly bogga.

I find it strange that when a celebrity, or someone in the media/spotlight dies, Joe criticises people for making RIP threads because they did not know them.

Yet here, he is making a thread about how sad it is for someone to leave an internet forum?

I never spoke to Susie but did notice her posts where always helpful....will I lose sleep shes left?.....nope!

FMT I really must answer your comment...when I post in a thread I expect to be challenged...and I honestly do not have a problem with that.

This has been totally different, is has been a concentrated relentless effort to ridicule and destroy something that I tried to do in the books thread, the thread is well out of the way of the GD posts ..safely tucked in a corner...anyone who isn't interested really has no need whatsoever to venture there.
Why anyone has the mentality that they feel the need to destroy something that can only be for the good is just beyond me...I have plodded on in there since January constantly having to ask for abusive and derogatory posts to be deleted and like anyone else I can only take so much of it. I have so much better things to do in my life than come on here and have to deal with that.

So snico ...no I wouldn't for a moment expect for anyone to lose sleep over my abscence :) I really do not assume any self importance whatsoever...as I am sure anyone who has 'sussed me out' on here knows.

But its been good...and I have made lovely new friends so that in itself has made it all worthwhile.

FMT can not help it he is from devon, nothing better to do than pick on the cornish

FMT I really must answer your comment...when I post in a thread I expect to be challenged...and I honestly do not have a problem with that.

This has been totally different, is has been a concentrated relentless effort to ridicule and destroy something that I tried to do in the books thread, the thread is well out of the way of the GD posts ..safely tucked in a corner...anyone who isn't interested really has no need whatsoever to venture there.
Why anyone has the mentality that they feel the need to destroy something that can only be for the good is just beyond me...I have plodded on in there since January constantly having to ask for abusive and derogatory posts to be deleted and like anyone else I can only take so much of it. I have so much better things to do in my life than come on here and have to deal with that.

So snico ...no I wouldn't for a moment expect for anyone to lose sleep over my abscence :) I really do not assume any self importance whatsoever...as I am sure anyone who has 'sussed me out' on here knows.

But its been good...and I have made lovely new friends so that in itself has made it all worthwhile.

In what way, please back that statement up with examples.

Sponsored Links
Back