Mask exemptions.

Sponsored Links
Did you mean they might still catch covid anyway? :)

i meant people who say they cant
I'll take you up on that bet...

What are you willing to gamble on that figure you have plucked out of the air?

well only 1.1% of the population is autistic, the other .9% i've estimated have genuine ailments which means they cant possibly wear a mask.

If your mask filters the virus, why are you scared of me not wearing one???

Sponsored Links
The legislation relating to wearing of such helmets was considered and discussed at length. It went through the proper parliamentary process of committees and due diligence. It was subject to proper scrutiny.
More covidiocy.

The point is, when you have a law, it should be obeyed, not disobeyed on the basis of some poxy excuse ... of which "oh officer, I'm not wearing a face covering because I don't think it has had sufficient parliamentary scrutiny". You really are stupid. (Fact not insult).

exactly, and there is an awful lot of morons out there that do this (go to a supermarket and theirs loads of them), which obviously doesn't help with the reduction of transmission.
How am I going to transmit a virus if you have your protective mask???
Are you saying that the mask is totally useless at filtering viruses?

So if someone with the virus coughs, a mask has no benefit?

When did you last see anyone cough in public? Especially indoors?
Me? I can't recall a single instance and, in this day and age, you can bet that I'd have noticed if someone had.

I think a mask is beneficial to myself, and to you, and I will wear it.

I would hope you would give me the same courtesy, it certainly can't hurt can it ?

The masks dont do well at stopping virus getting in, they are better at stopping it going out. So you're benefitting from others and not paying back.

"The moment a person breathes or talks, sneezes or coughs, a fine spray of liquid particles takes flight. Some are large — visible, even — and referred to as droplets; others are microscopic, and categorized as aerosols. Viruses including SARS-CoV-2 hitch rides on these particles; their size dictates their behaviour.

Droplets can shoot through the air and land on a nearby person’s eyes, nose or mouth to cause infection. But gravity quickly pulls them down. Aerosols, by contrast, can float in the air for minutes to hours, spreading through an unventilated room like cigarette smoke"

It's scientifically proven to reduce the spread aswell, although it only does so much it cannot stop it completely. People's eyes aren't covered and that's one way it can get into people's systems.

Wearing a mask reduces the distance vapour can travel.

Of course they are..no one is suggesting a piece of cloth stops something as small as a virus, but as pointed out v well above,that is not the point.

Thanks for clearing it out that masks are useless and just give people a false sense of security.

The masks dont do well at stopping virus getting in, they are better at stopping it going out.
Sorry to pick on you but you say these things.

Do you have evidence to prove that?
In normal times past, would it not be the same as putting one's hand over one's mouth when someone else coughs?

Wasn't the claim that masks only protected others from the wearer refuted when it was thought that those not wearing masks might simply be being selfish and not caring about others?

Is or has it always been beyond the wit of man to devise a two-way mask? Could two be worn? One inside out.
Do they have an inside. I know everyone seems to wear them blue side out; is that correct?

Or are you just saying that the masks doled out to the general public are virtual useless apart from catching large droplets to be spread later by some other means.

Masks are not doled out, you can purchase the same surgical masks as used by Doctors, nurses and medical staff.

Why do you think they wear them ?
Ask medical staff.
For a start they're not the same kind that you wear, not the ones that have been massively imported from the orient.
Secondly, they're used in a surgical, almost sterile environment.
Thirdly, medical staff knows how to use them.
Open wounds are very easily infected, so trying to reduce risk to a minimum is paramount.

Sponsored Links
Back