Leaking handheld bidet ("Bum Gun")

Sponsored Links
To everyone posting about contamination, how would that work? It's essentially a shower that sprays into the toilet bowl, so where does the contamination risk come from? This is a genuine question by the way, not just being facetious!
The residue from you spraying the nuggets off your chocolate starfish can be drawn back into the mains, and bacteria can travel against the flow of water, leading to contamination. Normal shower heads have to be restricted so that they can't reach a toilet bowl

Not sure what you mean?
A fibre washer or in this case a rubber washer fits between 2 flat surfaces to make a seal. From your earlier post re PTFE tape I`m thinking you tried to seal the connection everywhere except the correct place.

The residue from you spraying the nuggets off your chocolate starfish can be drawn back into the mains, and bacteria can travel against the flow of water, leading to contamination. Normal shower heads have to be restricted so that they can't reach a toilet bowl
They shouldn`t even reach the water in a bath. (shower over bath situation).

Sponsored Links
A fibre washer or in this case a rubber washer fits between 2 flat surfaces to make a seal. From your earlier post re PTFE tape I`m thinking you tried to seal the connection everywhere except the correct place.

Thanks for the reply. The PTFE tape was recommended and applied by the plumber behind me in the queue at the local plumbing supplies shop, although it is possible he was a hoaxster I guess.

And thanks for the information but I struggle to see where else a washer would fit in the shower hose/shower head connection other than at the interface between the hose cuff and the shower head body, which surely requires a washer that fits over the thread to allow the hose to be screwed onto the thread so that the washer abuts both flat surfaces? I eagerly await your recommendation though, as I'm guessing that will be the answer to my problem!

Newbie here.

I have one of those "bum gun" portable bidet things, which has worked fine for the last 18 months since it was installed. It consists of a tap on the wall, connected via a flexible shower hose to a handheld shower unit with a spray trigger. The other day it started leaking (fine in the morning, unusable by afternoon, with no use in between), with water running down the flexible hose.

At first I assumed the hose itself was faulty, but after unscrewing the trigger/shower section, the hose had no leaks at all. When the trigger is pressed, the leaks from the body of the unit stop (as the pressure is released, I guess?)

When I removed the shower section from the hose, a little perished orangey-brown mess fell out, which I can only assume is some kind of washer (or, Google tells me, possibly a "friction ring", whatever one of those is?).

I hope no one drinks the tap water in your house or Street for that matter! You might well be drinking your own faeces fresh from your 'Arris

Are you Muslim? I know they have to wash their backsides before praying but most usually use a jug with a spout.

If you insist on using this type of bidet then at least use the type that is integrated with the toilet rather than the water supply. A bit like this one:
Smart-Heated-Toilet-Seat-Remote-Control-Intelligent-female-Bidet-Toilet-Seat-WC-Sitz-Automatic-Toilet-Bowls.jpg_640x640.jpg

Last edited:
I hope no one drinks the tap water in your house or Street for that matter! You might well be drinking your own faeces fresh from your 'Arris

Are you Muslim? I know they have to wash their backsides before praying but most usually use a jug with a spout.

If you insist on using this type of bidet then at least use the type that is integrated with the toilet rather than the water supply. A bit like this one:
Smart-Heated-Toilet-Seat-Remote-Control-Intelligent-female-Bidet-Toilet-Seat-WC-Sitz-Automatic-Toilet-Bowls.jpg_640x640.jpg
LoI does that toilet come with a wireless controller aswell

Nothing wrong with it at all. The model in the picture is not naked.
not sure your logic there... where is the "residue" going to go from that distance, who's that person holding the remote and why are they in the room, and surely you should clean before pulling your underclothes on not after:rolleyes:

not sure your logic there... where is the "residue" going to go from that distance, who's that person holding the remote and why are they in the room, and surely you should clean before pulling your underclothes on not after:rolleyes:
I think you're misreading the pic. The model is doing a wee in the toilet (the wee is flowing downwards) and then when she finishes the guy is gonna press the button and clean her. Any way that's how it looked to me.

A lot of women do not like to sit on toilet seats and perch instead. Just like the model is doing in this pic

I think you're misreading the pic. The model is doing a wee in the toilet (the wee is flowing downwards) and then when she finishes the guy is gonna press the button and clean her. Any way that's how it looked to me.
You don't know women very well do you :ROFLMAO:

A lot of women do not like to sit on toilet seats and perch instead. Just like the model is doing in this pic

LoI does that toilet come with a wireless controller aswell

Indeed they do... fitted one about a month ago... has remote, warm water, a dryer and also a “lady washer” which means that the “probe” comes out a bit further before spraying :LOL:

No, really, it does, and that is what the manufacturer calls it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back