Do we need another sub-forum?

It might be best not to give up the day job RH .... but well done for effort and all the others who made a contribution .... maybe there is hidden talent here .... but I still think Joe's first verse is the best :)

Aww, schuks, you could have broken it to me gently. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Joe
.........is
.............right,
Joe
.........is
.............never
......................wrong
Susie
..........loves
...................Joe
Oh
...........what
...................a
.......................Pong

I've given up on the notion of a humanities forum. You are all as uncouth and untalented as you appear to be. I guess I thought there was more about you than there is. Sorry about that. Hopefully the mods will lock the thread as it's not serving any useful purpose other than be a platform for smut.

Sponsored Links
I've given up on the notion of a humanities forum. You are all as uncouth and untalented as you appear to be. I guess I thought there was more about you than there is. Sorry about that. Hopefully the mods will lock the thread as it's not serving any useful purpose other than be a platform for smut.
Our Joe when first on the forum

Expected an air of decorum

As the threads wove and weft

On his high steed he left

Leaving Trollmeister and me to bore `em

The wreck of the old `90
or
Old 90 splutterin` hard out of the goods yard

If the thread stayed on track

It`d have made the grade back

To the depot @ Spencer on time

But the muck and the smut

Dashed rotten luck

Had covered the platform with grime

With apologies to Johnny Cash et. al . And respect to Joe A Broady , ( engineer of Old 97 whose sad demise inspired the original song )

Ohhh shucks, we've gone and upset poor old joe now!

:LOL: :LOL:

joe-90

There is compassion amongst us, did you watch the vid 'Change for a Dollar'..... posted by EFCLee1, he excelled himself, as he usually posts some rather crude jokes etc, but this time a gem.

Wotan

joe-90 said:
I've given up on the notion of a humanities forum.

Don't do that. I thought your poems were good. I don't understand any of that DIY stuff but I'm interested in humanities. (I never knew there was so much to learn until I found myself a boyfriend.) I don't really know very much yet but I've managed a poem. Here it is --

Count the stars up in the sky
So many of them, who knows why
Celestial lovers shining bright
will meet again one special night
to cast their magic on the Earth
and fill our souls with joy and mirth

And as we wend our weary way,
down life's sad path, in life's sad play.
star-crossed lovers that never meet,
no birth, no children they'll ever greet.
Who were those souls? Whose life was missed?
Who never made that lover's tryst?

That's such a sad poem. It's still a good poem because it rhymes and everything but it's so sad. :cry: I suppose some people must like sad poems or else nobody would write them. Or is it just the poets who like them?

Do poets write sad poems because they hope somebody will like them, or because they feel sad themselves? Do they feel better after they've written one? :?:

Sponsored Links
Back