horrific if true, but I was in tears with laughter..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
we somehow got onto the topic of running over things at work and one of the guys told us the following story..

His dad was driving the van one day when a cat ran out in front of him and there was a horrible "thud" as the cat went under the wheels..
He stopped the van and got out to see what, if anything, could be done..
He saw the cat in the gutter lying ominously still but still breathing, albeit badly.
He thought the best course of action, given the sickening thud and the bounce as he went over the cat, was to put the poor thing out of it's misery so he got out the jack and did the deed..
He continued his journey and a short while after arriving home the door bell rang and he opened the door to be faced with a policeman.
The copper told him that a family had complained that he had killed their cat and so he explained the circumstances.
The police officer then went on to tell him...
"That wasn't the cat you hit Sir, the families cat was old and had a habbit of sleeping in the gutter where you found it lying and bludgeoned it to death. All of this was whitnessed by one of the owners neighbours.
The cat you ran over is still stuck under your wheel arch."

I was nearly in tears laughing that hard..

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
a few years back my m/i/law had a very old senile cat that used to sleep in gutters and the middle of the road and on many ocasions had the local warden round to see if she was treating the cat ok,
i ran a cat over once horrible feeling felt very guilty about it,tried to find it but it had b,uggerd off under a bush somewhere.

a few years back my m/i/law had a very old senile cat that used to sleep in gutters and the middle of the road and on many ocasions had the local warden round to see if she was treating the cat ok,
i ran a cat over once horrible feeling felt very guilty about it,tried to find it but it had b,uggerd off under a bush somewhere.

I was changing the tape in the car, and my mate shouted WOAH!!! Theres a d..BANG! Slammed on, ran round the front of the car, no sign of anything. Must have run off..

My Gran, rest her soul, had taken a stray cat in, but one day slammed a door on it, and cut it's tail clean off. A while later, the cat was on the opposite side of the road, she called it, cat came. Wipe out for the cat.

[quote="Mickymoody";p="1729790
I was changing the tape in the car, and my mate shouted WOAH!!! Theres a d..BANG! Slammed on, ran round the front of the car, no sign of anything. Must have run off..[/quote]

Why were you not concentrating on your driving. Your mate could have changed the tape for you. Just as well you are no longer driving. :evil:

[quote="Mickymoody";p="1729790
I was changing the tape in the car, and my mate shouted WOAH!!! Theres a d..BANG! Slammed on, ran round the front of the car, no sign of anything. Must have run off..

Why were you not concentrating on your driving. Your mate could have changed the tape for you. Just as well you are no longer driving. :evil:[/quote]

What? Really you need to get a life rather than polluting forums.

I recently ran over a kitten in France.
I stopped to tell who I assumed was the owner, an old who came out of the nearby house.

I apologized and explained that I'd just run over her cat.
She said that it was not important 'cos she had lots more!

Years ago my boss hit a dog on the M6. He speaks kinda slowly and was grumping on about how people ought to look after their animals, , carrying on at 90 mph...
Then he bounced of the central barrier and ended up taking anopther car off, and finished on his roof.

The dog had split the sump of the car. The engine seized solid.
What he said next wasn't remembered by the passenger who told the tale..

I don't believe a word of it. Sumps crumple and don't split when hitting soft objects, and the engine won't seize for miles even if it did. Even then he only had to put his foot on the clutch.

Seized a van within a mile of my house with no oil in it at speeds not greater than 30.
But drove 30 mile in car that had very littlle/no oil before it seized only to be told by the mrs yeah its been cutting out for days :evil:
So think its just your luck how quick they seize.

As for dead dogs /cats as a kid you could poke them with a stick for at least a week as a curiosity . Before the maggots took hold or an adult got it picked up.
Always got a big crowd around them when someone appeared in play ground saying i will show yous where it is later its guts are everywhere

Years ago my boss hit a dog on the M6. He speaks kinda slowly and was grumping on about how people ought to look after their animals, , carrying on at 90 mph...
Then he bounced of the central barrier and ended up taking anopther car off, and finished on his roof.

The dog had split the sump of the car. The engine seized solid.
What he said next wasn't remembered by the passenger who told the tale..

I can see that happening, when I ran over the dog, just the towbar blanking plate seemed to be effected, and was easily clipped back into place, but when I was on the M65, a few weeks later, the engine undertray collapsed, got stuck in the steering, so I slammed on, as I had no steering, then the undertray blew out from under the car, and landed on the windscreen of the car following, so they also slammed on, and my undertray fell off theirs. I pulled over in shock, as I lost steering, and to check everything, the car behind carried on.

I ran over a fox some years back,,,, Ran out of a side street and I had no chance of stopping.
Felt very bad at the time , that I had killed an innocent fox going about it's business, until the next day. Looked under my car the next morning and found the sump bent upwards (The fox had really rattled it's way under the car).
Cost me quite a few pounds at the garage to replace the sump.

Sponsored Links
Back