A message to everyone...

L

longdogs

..There is no 'K' on the end of words such as; something(k), nothing(k) and everything(k).

Thang you.

Sponsored Links
There is also a 't' sound in the words patio, better, metal etc.

'Fink' is a design of truss rafter and not someone who engages in thought.

Sponsored Links
I never new about knot using a K in this contekt. Now I now and have this nowledge toknight, I will try and develop a nack for using the spare k's no longer kneaded

Thanx OP

Sounds like a load of Bolleaux to me (said as I tuck into another helping of Gateaux) (and very nice it is too). ;) ;) ;)

I appear to have stumbled into pedants' corner... Ah well, in for a penny ;)

"I went to the shops and returned home with three screwdrivers" has a very different meaning to:
"I went to the shops and returned home with free screwdrivers". "Th" - it's a pretty run-of-the-mill voiceless dental fricative.

"Dave and I are going to the shop, would you like to come?" - correct
"Would you like to come to the shop with Dave and I?" - incorrect

Retrospective and retroactive - learn the difference.

Pedantry involving the use of the "ise" suffix and the "ize" suffix - many potential pedants get it very, very wrong.

Virus - plural "viruses", not "virii" (again, so many people think they're being a pedant when in fact they're just being wrong)

Mouse - plural "mice" (animal), "mouses" (input device on a computer)

Invite = verb. Invitation =noun. No one has ever received an "invite". However, people have been "invited" by means of an "invitation".

Phew, I didn't realise I had all that stored up in my pedant gland!

Of course, there are more important things in life, and just so long as I can tell someone I went to the shops to buy a set of screwdrivers and a computer peripheral without getting punched in the face over a misunderstanding about what it means, I'm quite happy.

Just waiting until someone points out the inevitable spelling mistake or incorrect grammar in the above text! :LOL:

..There is no 'K' on the end of words such as; something(k), nothing(k) and everything(k).

Thang you.

I am glad you finally figured this out. Nice as that may be, it is rather pointless to tell "everyone", as most of us have known this for many years.

I'm glad this was raised, as opposed to the Australian, inclement raise, to the end of a sentance, that makes a statement into a question?

Apparently the Polish language ranks highly in difficulty to learn and can take up to the age of 16 years to master.

Which beggars the question, how old does one get to before mastering English? Never may be!

Sponsored Links
Back