a new plaster board ceiling

cyberdog said:
the adviser at Polycell advised against using this. I don`t know what to do???

I would go along what they say,as they want their product to work!!! hmmmm ! but I'm not sure.

Sponsored Links
Having given the patch a coat of emulsion the other day, i gave it a coat of Pollyriple this morning. It seems to have taken ok. All i can think of is that when i originally coated the whole ceiling with watered down emulsion i must have mist a couple of places. The only problem now is that you can see the patch. I am hopping that if i brush a thickish coat over the patch again and then re do the whole of the ceiling it will all look the same. I would just like to thank you all for your help.

Once you paint the ceiling afterward you won't noticed it,nobody look up, only you cos' you know it's there :!: :)

Sponsored Links
Anonymous said:
Not in this case mate. I stood in my living room and watched the painters put on the first coat of paint. I was very skeptical about the lack of skimming, but the builder explained that doing it this way saved him a lot of labour and also the drying time. He assured me that the finish would be perfect, and offered to get a plasterer in at his expense if I was not satisified. He was right. The joints were taped and skimmed with a white finishing compound - I can't remember the name of it - it came in bags of powder from the same manufacturer as the plasterboard. They used the same stuff to hide the nail holes.

he was probably using fermacell which is different from plasterboard. alot stronger and better sound reduction, you also can hang 50kg weights from it . It can be painted straight away, or for perfection the Fine Surface Treatment (FST) is just smoothed on, no need to skim plaster.

It works out cheaper than plasterboard as labour costs less and saves money on complying to noise regulations

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back