a positive thought after having monday blues !!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can anybody think of a better time in the history of the human race to be alive?? i cant :) ....and can it get any better in the future ??? we can travel the world , watch tv..computers .internet ..learning freely available ..make a decent living ..own our homes ..cars ..etc etc

Sponsored Links
15 years ago, you could travel the world without being accused of destroying the earth with your CO2 emissions. ;)

Sponsored Links
carpenter les said:
can anybody think of a better time in the history of the human race to be alive?? i cant :) ....and can it get any better in the future ??? we can travel the world , watch tv..computers .internet ..learning freely available ..make a decent living ..own our homes ..cars ..etc etc

Awish yea could sea the world through my eyes, its a depressing state or you on majic mushrooms i hear that they are out this time of year....

BOB.DOLE said:
carpenter les said:

Awish yea could sea the world through my eyes, its a depressing state or you on majic mushrooms i hear that they are out this time of year....
see really thats my point , everybody seems to moan about life but things are really not that bad in the world ...conflicts aside ( although war is not a product of modern times) ... magic mushrooms may be out but i couldnt be bothered kneeling down near all the cow dung anymore :LOL:

i dont think its a better place with all the technological crap like tvs, cable, dvds etc. I think life is better when its simpler and people actually talked to each other (does that sound a tad wierd writing that on here? :confused: )

Thermo said:
i dont think its a better place with all the technological rubbish like tvs, cable, dvds etc. I think life is better when its simpler and people actually talked to each other (does that sound a tad wierd writing that on here? :confused: )
That's the trouble with pc internet, more and more people are not going out to see the real world, even my wife does online shopping without having to go shopping, I can see a time where you won't even see your neighbour

Thermo said:
I think life is better when its simpler and people actually talked to each other (does that sound a tad wierd writing that on here? :confused: )
I do that. It's, I think it's still a matter of attitude: think positive, act positive and positive reaction comes your way.
Before modern times we used pen and paper to stay in contact with other further afield, then the telephone (landline) arrived, we used that. Now we can use the internet (blogs, forums, emails) to stay in contact with people further afield and even meet people we would never have 'met' another way. And I like it, I enjoy it, I really 'talk' to more 'real' people than ever before. So, yes, I think it's a positive time (because I see it as a positive thing ;))

I think it is a double edged sword.

The internet has brought people together from across the globe, yes we hear about it being used for nepharious purposes, but you never hear of the good. You could get people that are racist on a forumlike this, and they could be talking to people they would usually discriminate against without realising it. When they find out, they may change their attitude. This must have happened on a regular basis. In the years I have been using the net, I have seen this on numerous occasions on boards located around the globe.

There are other things too that are good, the dissemination of information, medical personel around the globe finding like minded researchers coming together to find a cure or treatment for a gievn problem.Police forces countering drug/people and other smugglers.

Many peodophiles have been caught due to their online activeties, and they may have never been caught otherwise.

Yes there is a the negative, but I think the good outways the bad, we simply rarely hear about it.

The trouble with the internet is the huge amount of disinformation that's around and people are believing what they read, so much so, that within a generation or two we will end up with attitudes that are so far away from the truth that the majority judgment will be influenced by it and it could have a major impact on the political map and how we live our lives in the future.

muchadoaboutnothing said:
The trouble with the internet is the huge amount of disinformation that's around and people are believing what they read, so much so, that within a generation or two we will end up with attitudes that are so far away from the truth that the majority judgment will be influenced by it and it could have a major impact on the political map and how we live our lives in the future.
No difference then with the tabloids

The trouble with the internet is the huge amount of disinformation ...

muchadoaboutnothing

Hmm, Viet Nam, eh?

JohnD said:
The trouble with the internet is the huge amount of disinformation ...

muchadoaboutnothing

Hmm, Viet Nam, eh?
and?

MOD 2

and if you don't behave using 1/2 a dozen log ins to wind people up i will remove EVERY post you make ftrooper

Sponsored Links
Back