A Professional Installation...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom

Open to the elements! Gland not weatherproof. Not sure if glands are suited to T+E. Not sure if T+E is best choice fot external use, especially where it could be subject to wood preaervatives.

Sponsored Links
The biggest problem here I would say is the SWA sheath has presumably been cut into to so the armour can make contact with the earth clamp.

So the armour can get wet and rust away.

All could have been avoided with a banjo or perhaps better still one of those locknuts with the screw holes in them - can't for the life of me remember what they are called...!

Sponsored Links
The biggest problem here I would say is the SWA sheath has presumably been cut into to so the armour can make contact with the earth clamp.

So the armour can get wet and rust away.

All could have been avoided with a banjo or perhaps better still one of those locknuts with the screw holes in them - can't for the life of me remember what they are called...!

Don't tell him, Pike!

Moderator 8 said:
Abusive post removed. This message must NOT be reposted as you have been told time and time again.
The only post I am aware of that's been removed was mine, in which I suggested in response to sparkwright's "All could have been avoided ..." that it could also have been avoided by having the work done by someone actually able to do it.

I was unaware that suggesting that people be competent is abusive, and I am unaware of having been told time and time again that I must not repost such a suggestion.

Unless you can show where I have been told that, I cannot help but ask what is wrong with you?

You mean the Piranha Earth Locking Nuts; Well I love them!

Not sure if glands are suited to T+E

I would say no, likely wont close round the cable properly to make it water tight.

Not sure if T+E is best choice for external use

No it's not, it is not protected from UV radiation what will degrade the cable.

Also as sparkwright said, the SWA armor has been severely impaired, letting water in what over time may corrode the armor and make it's way into the box.

Moderator 8 said:
You wrote "someone who actually had a f****** clue."

This is abusive and not an acceptable thing to post on this forum.
Shame you are so one-sided in the way you deal with posts containing *'s or similar.

Moderator 8 said:
You have been told many times not to repost things which have been removed by moderators.
I haven't reposted it.

Not at all.

Just trying to find out if "******" is not acceptable but "&~#@%?", for example, would be.

Also, I wonder if whoever it was who complained has seen the cartoon in yesterday's Metro:

screenshot_525.jpg

If so, or when they do, I hope they will similarly complain to the publishers - after all, that paper is given away on trains, and is seen by millions of people, potentially including many children. Unless they are biased in their judgement of what is acceptable and what is not, then they really should complain.

Not at all.

Just trying to find out if "******" is not acceptable but "&~#@%?", for example, would be.

Also, I wonder if whoever it was who complained has seen the cartoon in yesterday's Metro:

screenshot_525.jpg

If so, or when they do, I hope they will similarly complain to the publishers - after all, that paper is given away on trains, and is seen by millions of people, potentially including many children. Unless they are biased in their judgement of what is acceptable and what is not, then they really should complain.

I seem to remember, from personal experience I should add, that the site can tell the difference between a rude word which appears to turn into asterisks; and simply a line of actual asterisks.

So I don't know if you actually typed in a rude word or a line of asterisks.

Personally, I would (now) stick to typing actual asterisks myself, or that & Ω^@%? language.

Trouble is, it can't actually tell which are rude words; it just bans THE word.

There are some blue tits in my garden.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back