A second chance in life

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
On Tuesday I walked around to my local supermarket for some veg and to cut a long story short it involves crossing a busy road.
I stepped out onto the road and traffic was queing in the opposite lane with a slight gap a few metres down the road due to a side street .

Suddenly out of this side street a car comes charging out towards me I then went up over his bonnet and through his windscreen knocked out and rolled back onto the road and yet I havn't broken a bone in my body.

After 2 nights in there i've just been released from hospital walking out of the door unaided the police and all the hospital staff couldn't believe how considering how damaged the car was I either wasn't killed or more seriously injured.
As it is I'm simply cut and bruised down my right side and limping a bit .

Has anyone else managed to walk away from something no one could of thought possible????

Sponsored Links
Well, I stopped posting in the 'evidence for a God thread'....

Had a few narrow escapes, not sure if they affected my life view though as you get back on the treadmill again.

Great story, do you feel differently now? Carpe diem and all that?

Sponsored Links
Knocked all the punctuation out of you though :mrgreen:
:LOL:

Glad you're okay too.

I could have/should have got killed back in 1978 on my motorbike; well off it to be exact. Like you, I had bruses and left enough skin on the road to make a few bags of scratchings. Just the luck of the draw.

I have thought deeper about life and 'where am I going; what am I doing' after my near-stroke 18 months ago. Concluded we should all count our blessings and drink more water :D

I had a near stroke last week. But I didn't have enough money so she changed her mind. :evil:

On Tuesday I walked around to my local supermarket for some veg

So much for the government always encouraging us to exercise more and eat 5 a day. :rolleyes:

I'm staying on the couch with my beer and rollies. ;)

Seriously though, glad you're OK - just wasn't your time to go. It's a dangerous world out there. Sometimes people walk away from something that would often be devastating. Other times it's the other way around, when something quite harmless can do for you. One example was some years ago, the bloke next door was pruning his roses, pricked his finger and got septicemia. Was gone within the week.

Schumacher was wearing a helmet and look what happened to him. :cry:

I was captured and held captive by a well armed ira battalion and marched into a bog on the irish border and lived to tell the tale. :mrgreen:

There is a full documentary on this......
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CE32unmgFeo

The captains been having what they had.

fancy damaging the guys car,hope your paying for the damage? :LOL: :LOL:

bet your glad you can bounce m8 :LOL:

there for the grace off god go any off us :eek: :eek:
glad to hear you have come out relatively unharmed from what could be a fatal encounter

i am assuming you are relatively young[under 50] or fit and active keeping your bones and body in good fettle

Big all Im 40 And I guess that was one of the reasons Im still here but I wouldn't go as far as saying im now a born again Christian and ten hail marys an all that but I do feel Ive somehow been given a second chance in life . If anyone requires a stunt double Im happy to discuss terms . :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Back