A silly billy question

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Since we charge our toothbrush in the bedroom, is there any problem with replacing the two pin plug with a standard 3 pin one?. Does it matter which wire goes into which pin? :oops:

BAS- a simple response is required, not your usual references to all sorts of rules and regs and questioning my competence :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
NO problem with it.

If the wires are coloured, use the conventional code of brown for live blue for neutral, if not either way round will do. Don't connect anything to the earth pin.

Use a 3A fuse or smaller if you can get one. (1A & 2A do exist)

If the toothbrush cable is very thin you may have some difficulty getting the cable grip in the plug to grip it properly, you may have to thread a rubber sleeve over it first to give it more bulk.

Edit to add: All of the above assumes that the existing plug is in fact just a simple plug and not some kind of extra low voltage power supply. If that is the case then it must stay.

Sponsored Links
You can buy 13 amp plugs where the 2 pin plug gets connected inside - so you don't have to cut off the 2 pin plug.

Nicer way to do it, IMO.

You can buy 13 amp plugs where the 2 pin plug gets connected inside - so you don't have to cut off the 2 pin plug.

Nicer way to do it, IMO.

Indeed you can, for Europlugs. Never seen one for BS546 2 pin plugs however.

I've seen those too. Strange that nobody makes the bs version. Guess there's no market for them on a large enough scale :cry:

I am a bit confused, what are wanting Dex?
You have to charge a toothbrush, which has a two pin plug, how are you doing that at the moment?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back