Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bodd

Pretty powerful stuff from Priti.

Is Priti too blue to be black...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Priti let her have it... shut her right up.....

Priti for Prime Minister.........

Sponsored Links
Boris is OK but he will be succeeded one day

...... Long live Boris.......

Funny you say that I'm on my bike now.. Screenshot_20200609_080133_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

This is Lee Valley were the Olympics water sports took place.

They don't come much worse than Bungling Boris, but at least he can count. (One assumes).
And Priti's pathetic quarantine policy is just a gimmick.
Her new policy of finger-printing migrants will cause problems, awaken the problems that caused it to be dropped 10 years ago.
She is creating tension and division, just like Tory Home Secretaries before her.

Her outpouring of anger over the toppling of a slave trader was provocative.
How would Avon police have looked, in news items around the world, defending the statue of a slave trader? She lacks the ability of foresight and profound thought.
Well done to Avon police for defusing tension.

Well if priti nasty is against racial inequality, then I wonder if she'll condemn farage for equating the anti racist campaigners with the taliban?

Or whether she'll support calls for the rhodes statue being removed from oxford university?

Avon? The "country" that ceased to exist in 1996 I presume?
Don't be trivial. It's unnecessary.
Obviously I was referring to Avon and Somerset, is it now. Not worth the bother to look it up.

Avon was never a country.
Triviality at its worst. :)

Well if priti nasty is against racial inequality, then I wonder if she'll condemn farage for equating the anti racist campaigners with the taliban?

Or whether she'll support calls for the rhodes statue being removed from oxford university?
I would be quite comfortable with such statues being left in place, on one condition, that the narrative about their history is corrected in line with today's standards and comprehension.
As Eddie said, (I think it was Eddie) we cannot erase history, but we can correct it in today's understanding of how it unfolded and its repercussions.
We cannot erase history, but we can learn from it.
To learn from it, we must retell it in today's narrative.

I would be quite comfortable with such statues being left in place, on one condition, that the narrative about their history is corrected in line with today's standards and comprehension.
As Eddie said, (I think it was Eddie) we cannot erase history, but we can correct it in today's understanding of how it unfolded.
It's not erasing history, it's about not having for example a prestigious university paying homage to a vile person.

By your reasoning statues of saddam and adolf should have remained, but with plaques saying they were 'naughty naughty boys'!

It's not erasing history, it's about not having for example a prestigious university paying homage to a vile person.

By your reasoning statues of saddam and adolf should have remained, but with plaques saying they were 'naughty naughty boys'!
Mob rule...Fek democracy,just let people destroy anything that upsets them...Burn the books too...What could possibly go wrong?Cromwell next....He pizzed off the Irish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back