A whiter shade of Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
It's not erasing history, it's about not having for example a prestigious university paying homage to a vile person.
And the people of Bristol who decided it should stay?????It is erasing history..Why are you bothered,you hate the damn country anyway.

Mob rule...Fek democracy,just let people destroy anything that upsets them...Burn the books too...What could possibly go wrong?Cromwell next....He pizzed off the Irish.
When we have a racist buffoon in charge (nominally) and a nominal democracy in the UK, then that should have read 'where did it go wrong'?

When we have a racist buffoon in charge (nominally) and a nominal democracy in the UK, then that should have read 'where did it go wrong'?
You would be more than happy to have chaos in the UK you hate everything and everyone here

Sponsored Links
Entirely different..
Really?

So it's ok by you to murder and enslave black people.

Or set up the system of apartheid in order to subjugate a 'lesser race' in favour of a 'superior race'?

So it's ok by you to murder and enslave black people.

Or set up the system of apartheid in order to subjugate a 'lesser race' in favour of a 'superior race'?
As said.Entirely different...

And the people of Bristol who decided it should stay?????It is erasing history..Why are you bothered,you hate the damn country anyway.
We don't need a statue of some slave trader to teach us about history. We can learn from textbooks. Nobody erased history by chucking it into the Avon, in fact, it will now become infamous and we know more people now know of this statue and the man since it happened. Job done! Lol.

You would be more than happy to have chaos in the UK you hate everything and everyone here
You've as usual got that 'a rse about face'!

It's actually people like you who hate the UK because you are happy to go along with anything you are told by people who really couldn't give a toss about the country!

You've been played like a fool, and your only response is to always attack those who are willing or able to point out the 'emperor's new clothes' :rolleyes:

Slavery.jpg

It's not erasing history, it's about not having for example a prestigious university paying homage to a vile person.

By your reasoning statues of saddam and adolf should have remained, but with plaques saying they were 'naughty naughty boys'!
You're doing a festive, with Notch7's theory of absurd arguments.
I did say I would be quite comfortable with statues left in place on the condition that the narrative was corrected, by today's standards and present comprehension.
I didn't say they should remain.
If there is a discussion about whether they should or shouldn't remain, that would be my compromise: that the history is written in today's standards and with current comprehension about the repercussions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back