A whiter shade of Black

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Why are many of you on here,entering into discussion on here,if you think tearing down statues is the real way to conduct oneself and bring about change.Should you not be out lobbing your Boris bike at the coppers?

Did Colston know or even consider what he was doing as wrong? 350 years ago was a very different era

And now we are in 2020 and slavery is not considered something to venerate.

So the idea of having the statue in a museum where Colstons contribution to society and his involvement in the slave trade can be presented.

having a statue with the plaque saying “Erected by citizens of Bristol as a memorial of one of the most virtuous and wise sons of their city.” is hardly showing 2 sides of a story is it?

if you had ancestors killed by slavery you might think the term 'virtuous' rather incorrect

Sponsored Links
Why are many of you on here,entering into discussion on here,if you think tearing down statues is the real way to conduct oneself and bring about change.Should you not be out lobbing your Boris bike at the coppers?
It's the same idiots each time that just want to destabilise the government. I get it they dont want a white privileged tory government and Brexit.
It's all just toy rattling because when you look at the bias in their arguements its embarrassing. Indeed like right now since when has it been right to just riot and rip down our status defaced Churchill etc. An embarrassment.

Lobby and protest be constructive and campaign. If I dont like someone I dont smash up their property or erase them...

Oh...just the ones someone finds offensive...Because they decide it offends them.

really, I mean really -why do you have to spend your time posting logical fallacies to try and prove your point.

you are just posting rubbish

Did Colston know or even consider what he was doing as wrong? 350 years ago was a very different era. As far as I know he was even backed by the royals at that time.
Absolutely spot on...Colston was not breaking any laws then,slavery being perfectly legal in his time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back