Abortion

You seem to be posting a lot for someone with no viewpoint.
I strongly disagree with right wing male views with no balance, especially on a subject that by its very nature should have an equal female point of view

The subject needs balance.

Not surprised you don't see that

Sponsored Links
So you disagree on the basis of prejudice without any opinion either way? Do you think the current law is right or wrong?

So you disagree on the basis of prejudice without any opinion either way? Do you think the current law is right or wrong?
It's not prejudice to want diverse opinions.:rolleyes:
Did you have a lobotomy for Xmas?

And if carmen doesn't have an opinion either way, why ask? :rolleyes:

I disagree with non Medical expert males trying to make decisions on behalf of women.

Not surprised you want males to decide what is right or wrong

Sponsored Links
Shall we list the Middle Eastern countries who are sympathetic toward abortion.

Israel.
Don't let Benjamin NaziYahoo know this - he'll change it instantly! (Although he's too busy committing genocide at the moment to bother. Hitler will surely give this despicable fascist tyrant a warm welcome in hell when he dies).

How many women in Ireland are in prison because they have had an abortion?
Do you want to discus the merits of the law, or the value of the deterrence?

I think the law is wrong.

If my name was motorbiking I'd claim the deterrence must be working, if there are few women in jail for abortion.
But if there were many women in Jail, I'd say the law has no deterrent effect.

But then one must look at the wider picture: are there any women in jail because they have more children than they can care for, so they resort to other crimes?

It's far too complex a problem to just look at the number of women in jail to make any simplistic assumptions.

It's not prejudice to want diverse opinions.:rolleyes:
Did you have a lobotomy for Xmas?

And if carmen doesn't have an opinion either way, why ask? :rolleyes:
Its the absolute opposite.

We cannot magic up female posters or medical experts, so we are left wanting to shut down male opinion, without any thought on whether we disagree with it or not. That is the very definition of prejudice and a perfect example of excluding diverse opinion.

Do you want to discus the merits of the law, or the value of the deterrence?

I think the law is wrong.

If my name was motorbiking I'd claim the deterrence must be working, if there are few women in jail for abortion.
But if there were many women in Jail, I'd say the law has no deterrent effect.

But then one must look at the wider picture: are there any women in jail because they have more children than they can care for, so they resort to other crimes?

It's far too complex a problem to just look at the number of women in jail to make any simplistic assumptions.
Except your name is Jim and your hobby is posting a lot of Boll@x.

We cannot magic up female posters or medical experts, so we are left wanting to shut down male opinion, without any thought on whether we disagree with it or not. That is the very definition of prejudice and a perfect example of excluding diverse opinion.

So you think a male view is all that matters because there are no or few females here to give a broader range of opinions.

"Your opinion is correct" because of no opposite points of view is extreme prejudice.

No women have said anything different so you must be right.

Absoloute myopia

Your comment is an oxymoron.
No-one is wanting to shut down the discussion. It makes sense to leave it open, in case medical experts or women want to contribute.
I said that I think ant- abortion laws are wrong. I think they are wrong because they (mostly male law-makers) ban something which an awful lot of women want.
Carmen merely said that he'd wait until a medical expert and women gave their opinion.
That isn't wanting to shut down the debate due to prejudice, and no-one has expressed the slightest desire to shut down the debate.

I think you really did have a lobotomy for xmas. :rolleyes:

That is trying to shut down the debate, by resorting to abuse, in the hope of shutting down the thread. :rolleyes:

I'm not trying to shut anything down, but lets look at your opening post... and apply the sort of logic you and carmanmemoranda apply....
I think women should have control over their own bodies.
I don't think abortion per se should be a crime.

Of course back street, illegal practices could be considered illegal, especially if realtively cheap state run, with medically qualified staff, exist

So you think it should be lawful for a woman to terminate an unborn baby at say 36 weeks? You understand this will involve killing an unborn baby?

What is the difference between killing a baby at 36 weeks and putting a newborn in a dumpster to die?

Sponsored Links
Back