Above window wet after heavy rain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
I've recently moved into a new house (1973) and noticed that when it rains heavy the top of the bathroom window gets wet. Specifically its on the external corner between the wall and the top of the reveal.
I've attached a photo showing. It seems strange that its only confined to this edge and nowhere else in the reveal. Can anyone offer any pointers and what to check?

Any advice is much appreciated.

I've attached a photo showing the area all along the top of the window which gets wet. Its more prominent after heavy rain.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    FullSizeRender 2.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 154
Sponsored Links
Check for missing silicone on the outside of the window transom.....any gaps and water will come in big time.
John :)

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your help thus far chaps.
Its now dark but I've just hung out the window to try and get a view of above. I have UPVC fascias and soffits which are in line with the top of the window frame. You cannot see any brickwork because of this.
Excuse the dirt, not had time to clean these yet. Interestingly the sofitts are much dirtier above the bathroom window, but are cleaner around the bedroom window, could this be indicative of anything?

Attachments

• IMG_3547.JPG
    IMG_3547.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 147
Hi guys.
Thought I'd post back with the findings.
The other night I went into the bathroom after wife had been in for one of her 20 minute showers. Walls were wet through and window was ajar. Turns out the moisture was running down above the window and collecting on the lip where the wall met the top window reveal. Being a dark colour the staining was more obvious.

Solution - education on ventilation and moisture for the wife, repainted the bathroom walls with a white bathroom paint multiple coats, jobs a goodun!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back