Accenta Mini G4 after power trip now no power on unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey.
I have a Accenta/Optima Mini G4 that was installed by the previous owners of the house I've recently moved into.
It was all working fine the RCD in the consumer unit was turned off so that some electrical work could be done elsewhere in the house. I thought nothing of it, once the work was done the power was turned back on.

I went to set the alarm that night and noticed the Mains LED on the separate LED keypad was not lit, the same with the power LED on the main unit.

The backlighting was working on the keypad and the system functioned fine I'm guessing it was running off the battery. I checked all the breakers in the consumer unit and everything was on and working fine.

So I left it overnight unset.

This morning the whole system is unresponsive. The keypad does not function but the LEDs on the PIR sensors are still blinking with movement.

Does this mean the battery is now flat or almost?
Does anyone have any idea why the system would not have power even if it actually does have power? There's power at the fused spur and the fuse is fine.

Has turning off the power tripped something internally in the alarm?
I've tried to get in touch with the engineer whose details were in the keypad, however they have not returned my calls.

Sponsored Links
Inside the panel is a small glass fuse 125ma would check this first located in the mains incoming terminal block ....make sure the fuse in the external fuse spur is removed before removing the internal one ! If that's ok remove battery and check transformer output ( around 20v AC)

Interesting, I'll check on this in the morning. Thanks for your help.

You're a very clever man, the 125mA fuse is fried. Hopefully RS have a replacement in stock. I'll let you know how I get on.

Sponsored Links
Worked a treat. Fuse replaced and powered back up. All up and running again.
Thank you very much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back