Acceptable levels of CO

Agreed the boiler is scrap but just want to try and understand why/how one guy can say its ok then two others say its highly dangerous. (He is ex military and been a civilian for about 4 years if that is any relevance).

Whilst I know you are not trying to offend my partners capabilities, (and I take no offence by your comments), she is highly educated and runs her own business. However, she was shown and told so many different figures she is a bit confused over which ones are the relevant ones. She was not left with any documentation as these were to be given to the estate agent as confirmation of the results.

Thanks for all your replies guys. I appreciate them even if I don't fully understand them.

Sponsored Links
Totally not being rude about your partner. It is understandable that she and you are confused.

Just a shame you got conflicting advice that was poorly explained.

Can't understand why they didn't leave a copy with you. Unless they gave it to the agent/landlord, in which case you should ask them to see it.

I went to a similar situation recently where a water heater had been stated to have a ratio of 0.06.

A label had been attached but not turned off.

They then gave a stupidly inflated quotation for a replacement.

When I went to check it the reading was 0.004 !

Tony

Sponsored Links
Can't understand why they didn't leave a copy with you. Unless they gave it to the agent/landlord, in which case you should ask them to see it.

BG generally dont leave any paperwork with readings on. Just the standard checklist. Our FGAs dont have printers.

Its fair to say without all the facts here no-one can accurately say what has happened / not happened.

Whilst I will not pretend to know anything about boilers I can say that both CO & CO2 are odourless, colourless tasteless gasses.

CO is v dangereous as it preferentially and irreversibly binds to haemoglobin to form carboxy-haemoglobin, effectively starving your body of oxygen.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back