Accesabilty Problem!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Long story and way to difficult to explain. Basically leak in 15mm pipe that due to access problems am unable to cut out and solder new fittings!

I can just about get one hand to a bit of pipe that I can cut out the offending pipework, for ease of the job, plan to use hep20 to bridge the gap.

The problem I have is that due to the area where I am cutting being so damn awkward, pushing on a Hep20 connector without being able to hold the other bit of copper, is going to be nigh on impossible :eek:

any thoughts or advice?

Needless to say compression fittings have the same problem.

Is there any EASY push fittings that might be better for this task?

Failing that, its a big hammer and chisel, resulting in more repair work once the leak is fixed!

This problem has once again been a result of prop deveolpers, boxing then tiling in without thought for access once a problem occurs, of the toilet system and yards and yards of copper with god knows how many soldered joints! Dont you love them :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Speedfit pushfits go on easily, then you do up the collar.

Sure you can't use compression? If you file the stop out of a coupler you can slide it up and then down...

OK I have too many tools, but these things are amazing in tight spots:

42221.JPG

I've got them from 6mm to bigger than Pump valve size, wonderful when one does an impossible job!

15/16ths fits almost all 15mm compression nuts. I have several of those!

You will either have to do some damage to surroundings and repair it or reroute the pipe all together. Or pay a pro to do the job if it is too difficult for diy

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back