access equipment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have another question i was just wondering if somebody could please confirm the meaning of 'access equipment'. The question i have been asked basically says;

p.v.c conduit installation in the ceiling void is to be fixed to the roof joists.... describe with the aid of sketches, the type of access equipment required..

i gather that means using ladders, lifts, scaffolding etc etc...????????????

if some one could confirm or point me in the right direction i would be most grateful.
thanks.
Harry

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
There's no flies on you, Harry me lad!! Only kidding!! :LOL:

Don't you think scaffolding is OTT. The question states ACCESS equipment into a roof void, so in this instance a properly braced ladder would be acceptable.

If the installation was to be done from the access equipment than a scaff tower would be the weapon of choice, but for simple access purposes a ladder is sufficient.

It should be noted that all such equipment should be inspected prior to use to confirm is suitable for the task and has no damage or other faults which render it dangerous to use.

Taking into concideration it's an office i am working in which is.... 3.1m from F.F.L to the joist.

i would say ladders and scafholding can be used;

scafholding;

here
here
here

ladders;

here
here

how sad am i :)

Some Health and Safety also

here
here

think this would be enough to play with to answear my question?

*spelling**

Sorry all wrong.........

You really need to use one of these

images

I've been missing a couple weeks and my 1st post is non serious one.....oh well..... :LOL:

Beggar that, il, you beat me to it!!

Actually, I was going to suggest, a huge bunch of helium-filled novelty balloons!!

I believe you will need quite alot of balloons......to lift your weight.....erm sorry your wallet.....

My wallet???

Told you, I may have no mortgage, but (nearly) 3 kids and a wife make

up for that!!

Harry Lee, It's sounds like you are answering questions from an exam paper? And therefore they may be trying to find out your understanding of the latest regulations regarding "working at heights" there is now a general consensus to get away from the practice of using Ladders when working at a height of more than 2 Metres as falling from heights contributes to a third of all accidents in the construction industry.
I think you should read the question again to see what height you are working at as you may only have the choice of Lifts or Scaffolding.

Good point, but if it's a City & Guilds exam it's highly unlikely that the questions will reflect current practices, especially recently introduced legislation. C & G Installation & Commissioning and Science & Principles papers are using the same questions they have for the last twenty years.

we musn't assume that is the case, he could be doing a health and safety orientated course which has been tailored to his trade?

Ken, if you read his question again, you will see he is only using the equipment for ACCESS, not working at height, and therefore a ladder is 100% acceptable, if properly lashed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back