Access panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope someone might be able to help. I have a stop tap that will shortly be hidden behind a veneered board and I want an access panel to be able to use the tap.
In my mind I am imagining that there must be an access panel that you can fit where the cutout you remove can be fitted back into the door after trimming leaving a discrete panel with just the frame and door edges visible.
Can anyone point me to such a thing?

Thanks in anticipation

Rich

Sponsored Links
Yep that sort of thing but rather than a plain white door I want to be able to to insert the cut out material into it so it's a bit more camouflaged.

The bit of board you cut out can be put back in with some concealed hinges and push opener if your're feeling ambitious, or just some timber trim on the back to stop it falling in, and inset some magnets or clips.

Sponsored Links
My cack-handed attempt. As Woody says, magnets in the reveal act as a stopper to prevent the door falling in, with the little magnet plates on the door. The finger hole is at the bottom, cos our 'shoe hamper' hides it, and I didn't want a knob or handle. All made from scrap stuff lying around.

Attachments

• IMG_20201120_111016.jpg
    IMG_20201120_111016.jpg
    266.3 KB · Views: 64
Magnets would be my favourite, here's one I made earlier.

Attachments

• 20170922_165851.jpg
    20170922_165851.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 67
  • 20170922_165821.jpg
    20170922_165821.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 63

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back