Access to your medical records

Unless cocerns were raised when you were an ankle nipper, I don't see why it would be on your records. But it probably is a good idea to get some clarification. However, I fear that they will not disclose your Ma's details. Has she passed away?

Sponsored Links
Unless cocerns were raised when you were an ankle nipper, I don't see why it would be on your records. But it probably is a good idea to get some clarification. However, I fear that they will not disclose your Ma's details. Has she passed away?
No, just lately she's not been herself and maybe a possibly an early stage of illness(?) I don't know but what I do know, she's talking about things I've never heard before.

I'm glad to hear your Ma is still with you. But it may be a good idea to get the info while she can consent.

On another note, and without wishing to be patronising, if she is approaching confusion, it may be a good idea for you or another family member to apply for a "lasting power of attorney". It is SO much easier to manage your loved ones affairs if this arranged while they can consent.

Sponsored Links
On another note, and without wishing to be patronising, if she is approaching confusion, it may be a good idea for you or another family member to apply for a "lasting power of attorney". It is SO much easier to manage your loved ones affairs if this arranged while they can consent.
Done it a few years ago ;)

If your deafness (which you've told us about on a few occasions) was caused by thalidomide (and it's a known birth defect) then if you can prove it I reckon there is a payout fund to at least give you a bit of compensation (rightly yours).

Have you looked into it?

If your deafness (which you've told us about on a few occasions) was caused by thalidomide (and it's a known birth defect) then if you can prove it I reckon there is a payout fund to at least give you a bit of compensation (rightly yours).

Have you looked into it?

Only if she suffers from Thalidomide.

Thalidomide the drug and Thalidomide common term for defects people have due to taking the drug.

Deafness is a debatable issue, it's certain that if you have hearing loss in just one ear you will not get a farthing but equally it's getting hard to claim because science has moved on and in some cases people had a genetic problem and was not because of the drug, so law firms (usa) have jumped on this.

These people are the ones to contact if he needs help.

http://www.thalidomidetrust.org/

Why would you want a copy? Surely you know when you have been bad and what treatment you had done?
Just found out that my mum may have not been telling me the truth all these years and she admitted taking morning sickness tablets but don't know what type but could've been Thalidomide which causes birth disorders in the 1950-60's. Kept blaming it on recessive genes, all started when I watching a programme last month regarding how recessive genes work through generation. We didn't do any genetic testing at the time, so it's not knowing.

I would like to know what the risks are for my sons if they decided to have children in the future.

Not sure if the details will be on my records or my mum instead?

I don't think there any genetic defects introduced by taking thalidomide (its still used for certain conditions).

But, of course, check with http://www.thalidomidetrust.org/ for reassurance.

http://www.thalidomidetrust.org/

Have you looked into it?
Thanks Joe I'm fully aware of it but got to find out what's on my medical records, might be wasting my time if nothing was reported

You'll never know unless you follow it up.

Deafness is a debatable issue, it's certain that if you have hearing loss in just one ear you will not get a farthing but equally it's getting hard to claim because science has moved on and in some cases people had a genetic problem and was not because of the drug, so law firms (usa) have jumped on this.
Deaf in both ears, I don't think I will ever know what happened. I'm more concern in the future if passed on to any future grandchildren.

Sponsored Links
Back