Medication Reviews

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I requested online access to my medical records, long ago and regularly check in, because I feel I have to...

Today, I checked in and happened to spot a note against one med, of which I was about to run out. It suggested it needed to be reviewed by a medical pro. Had I not logged in, had I not happened to check myself, I would have been completely unaware of the need for a review.

I'm fairly IT savvy, but what about the less able? How does everyone with no internet access find out about these reviews?

Sponsored Links
From what I remember, when you ring to order a repeat prescription, they sometimes tell you that you that you need a review. Then they ask how many days of tablets you have left. People don't end up without medicine.

You're supposed to have regular medication reviews if you're on recurring prescriptions. Typically that's annually but it varies depending on risk and other factors.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
From what I remember, when you ring to order a repeat prescription, they sometimes tell you that you that you need a review. Then they ask how many days of tablets you have left. People don't end up without medicine.

I'm on repeats, 8 of them, so the reviews are often flagged. I have never had a text or call from them, to remind of a review, just the mention when I need a repeat, via the web app.

Back