Access to your medical records

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any of you done access to your medical records? Is it a spare copies, cd or maybe you can only read it from the location area? I understand there is a small fee for access to medical records

I've noticed the medical information is all done on the computer these days but going back many years ago it's all on paper notes then, would this be also updated on the computer as well?

I need to know something when I was born. I can ask my Gp but I need to see it for myself.

Sponsored Links
Generally anything from 2004 is scanned onto computer previous is usually still paper record .

I was reading the (long) list of chargeable services whilst I was waiting to see my GP just the other day. Ours charges for the time spent collating the info!

I suppose the simple thing is to phone and ask about chages.

Sponsored Links
Any of you done access to your medical records? Is it a spare copies, cd or maybe you can only read it from the location area? I understand there is a small fee for access to medical records

I've noticed the medical information is all done on the computer these days but going back many years ago it's all on paper notes then, would this be also updated on the computer as well?

I need to know something when I was born. I can ask my Gp but I need to see it for myself.

I asked for a copy of everything my GP has on file. It took 2 weeks, cost £10 and is a photocopy of every letter, note etc that he has on file.

There are no discs, everything is on paper.

Why would you want a copy? Surely you know when you have been bad and what treatment you had done?

Why would you want a copy? Surely you know when you have been bad and what treatment you had done?
Just found out that my mum may have not been telling me the truth all these years and she admitted taking morning sickness tablets but don't know what type but could've been Thalidomide which causes birth disorders in the 1950-60's. Kept blaming it on recessive genes, all started when I watching a programme last month regarding how recessive genes work through generation. We didn't do any genetic testing at the time, so it's not knowing.

I would like to know what the risks are for my sons if they decided to have children in the future.

Not sure if the details will be on my records or my mum instead?

I would like to know what the risks are for my sons if they decided to have children in the future.

Ok thats a bit specific, but surely in this case, whatever has or has not been taken or recorded, then the best thing would be to have some specific tests now to determine what is or is not occurring now and what might happen in the future?

If there is a risk, can you really rely on mere records?

I would have thought contacting your doctor & explaining your concerns.
Your doctor could look at yours & your mothers records.
It seems a genuine reason, so I cant see why the Dr. would not co-operate.

I asked for a copy of everything my GP has on file. It took 2 weeks, cost £10 and is a photocopy of every letter, note etc that he has on file.

There are no discs, everything is on paper.

You can request the info in any form, paper, disk or even email. freendom of info request.

Just found out that my mum may have not been telling me the truth all these years and she admitted taking morning sickness tablets but don't know what type but could've been Thalidomide which causes birth disorders in the 1950-60's. Kept blaming it on recessive genes, all started when I watching a programme last month regarding how recessive genes work through generation. We didn't do any genetic testing at the time, so it's not knowing.

Is this something to do with deafness?

Is this something to do with deafness?

Can never tell with you.
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sour...e+facts&gs_upl=0l0l0l11611lllllllllll0&aqi=g4

Sponsored Links
Back