ACL lifestyle Mid Pos Valve Leak, help please?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

This is my first post - and first problem in my first home!

I have an acl lifestyle Mid Pso Valve 679H340-30L0 and where the black adjuster switch is located it keeps on leaking - by this i mean dripping when the heating and hot water are on - its not gushing out but enough to cause me concern. (probably collected about 20ml today)

Not knowing anything about CH - is this some sort of relief valve and therefore normal - or does it need replacing?

I have the water set at a temp of 75oC - which i reckon is a bit too hot?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Sponsored Links
No its not too hot

you valves is just too knackered and needs changing

I would imagine at somepoint the electrics might trip if the water gets into the motor or wiring

thanks, i am not sure how long it has been like this,

do they cost much to replace? is it worth me taking out some insurance on the CH and have it replaced under that?

also it was on the W setting - i have now moved the switch to the 'M' setting - could that help or am a clutching at straws here?

Sponsored Links
W= Hot water Only
M= Both Heating and Hot Water
H= Heating only

Its leaking and needs to be replaced

end off

and the are about 50 odd quid

so is that £50 by a plumber?

I have no clue with plumbing so I dont think I'd like to try it unless I am looking at a hefty bill?

so is that £50 by a plumber?

I have no clue with plumbing so I dont think I'd like to try it unless I am looking at a hefty bill?

No for the part

as for how much someone would charge you I have no idea, call around

is it simple enough to do? is there a guide on this site?

sorry to be a pain its just time od year and all , no money and i don't want to be getting wripped off by a plumber!

Go and buy one you will need the ful thing,just check it first,turn c/heating main switc off,by boiler it hould be then undo 2 screws on valve head and lift off and you should see if the glands have gone

Yes you are right ALL plumbers rip people off

There are no exceptions ALL plumbers hang around just waiting to empty peoples bank accounts.

Most plumbers after they have charge you the equivilant of your mortgage for a job that a Monkey could probably do (lets face it plumbing is the easiest job in the world, for gods sake Kids can do it) they usually then grab you by your ankles, turn you upside down and give you a good shake to ensure that they have all your loose change too.

Honestly ALL tradesmen are low life scum and the plumber is the daddie of them all

Sheesh

It should not be a big job and most plumbers could probably complete it within the hour if they dont have any problems refilling.

If you dont have a clue I think it would cost you more to DIY rather than allow a Plumber in your house even though he will probably nick your telly THE SCUM

Go and buy one you will need the ful thing,just check it first,turn c/heating main switc off,by boiler it hould be then undo 2 screws on valve head and lift off and you should see if the glands have gone

Dont bother doing this

You have water coming out of course the glands are leaking

Come on alan

:rolleyes:

corgiman - apologies if i caused offence - its just i know a few people who have had bad experiences, incidentally i was not saying i would have the wool pulled over my eyes just that the hourly rates charged are a little steep when you have no money! :LOL:

petit_pablo/corgi man i guess there is no chance of the glands being replaced? :confused:

I have seen 2 acl valvs leaking from one of the 2 small screws that are visiable only when head is off

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back