Acrow prop specs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im trying to find specs for standard UK acrow props. Im needing to calc how many I need for the job. Will use a No1 or 2 prop extended to 2.5m
Total load is 95kN evenly distributed
Need to know max load of these size acrows extended to 2.5m
I found this table on an australian site but unsure if it will apply to UK acrows.
http://www.prestonhire.com.au/preston-acrow-props-specifications

Can anyone help

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
In domestic situations, it's not the load-bearing capacity of the props which is important, it's how widely-spaced they are.
A pair of props would almost certainly support your load, but if the opening is
20m wide, the structure would almost certainly collapse. And the props would still be standing amid the rubble.

Maybe my question wasnt clear. Im looking for the load bearing capacity of a single prop, nos 1 and 2 which are extended to a ht of 2.5m

When I know this I can calc how many I need to support a load of 65kN. The span is not relevant for the calculation. It doesnt matter if its 5m or 10m the the total load to be supported is still 65kN which will require a minimum no of acrows regardless of their spacing

I

A pair of props would almost certainly support your load, but if the opening is 20m wide, the structure would almost certainly collapse. And the props would still be standing amid the rubble.

I dont think so. eg Being generous, if each prop can take a max load of 20kN, two would support a max of 40kN. My load is 65kN so this is 25kN above their max loading so it would not support the load even if it was only 1m wide.

[/b]

Installed correctly, the props will take any weight that you can put on em.

It's HOW you prop that is important.

Well, you should

Why is this question relevant to what I asked ie the load bearing capacity of a single acrow prop extended to 1.5m

And you have not asked about the shear capacity of any needle's either - unless all the props are supporting this mystery structure directly

I would have asked if they were being used and I couldnt work it out myself.
If you are more interested in the job Im doing rather than the question search my previous posts.

Installed correctly, the props will take any weight that you can put on em.

It's HOW you prop that is important.

Hope you are not operating in my area.
They will only take the force that they are structurally able to withstand and thats dependent on their individual strength and the number used. The latter of which I am trying to work out.
Their spacing, individual pressure distribution and alignment is not my question

Why is this question relevant to what I asked ie the load bearing capacity of a single acrow prop extended to 1.5m

It is relevant because you have asked a stupid irrelevant question which shows that you clearly don't know what you are doing.

It is the correct use of the support, which matters and the capacity of the prop is irrelevant. Its not just a matter of a certain load being divided to each prop.

Im trying to find specs for standard UK acrow props. Im needing to calc how many I need for the job. Will use a No1 or 2 prop extended to 2.5m
Can anyone help

For both number 1` and 2 acrows, we work to the following safe working loads.
10% open 35kN
50% open 30kN
Fully open 25kN
As we do not know whether you are needling or sole and plate shoring, can give you no further advice.
Regards oldun

Are we going to be told what this mystery load is, and why spacing of props is irrelevant?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back