Acrypol plus applied to a firewall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had and estimate from a builder/ roofing company to sort out a party wall ( which they call Firewall) because i am getting rather lot of damp near the roof area ,just below the parapet ( we live in terraced Victorian house) and yet everything i read about the product suggest it is for use on flat roofs.The builders suggested applying two coats on the all at a cost of £850 which seems very steep considering each tub costs about £30 .What concerns me is whether they are using the right product as we do not have flat roof anywhere and i have not read anywhere about its suitability on walls .Can someone please advise me? Thanks

Sponsored Links
For sure, Acrypol is an excellent product and it does what its designed for.
However, I’m sure we would like to see some pictures of the building and the suspect areas, outside and in.
Smelling a rat, maybe!
John :)

Parapet walls are often source of damp in properties.On old terraces the wall to roof fillet is often just mortar mix which fails , needs replacing with lead if that’s the problem .

Sponsored Links
Parapet walls are often source of damp in properties.On old terraces the wall to roof fillet is often just mortar mix which fails , needs replacing with lead if that’s the problem .
we had that treated with something like Aquaseal 40 some years ago but i dont think lead was applied

Would it not be feasible to apply Acrypol to the parapet itself ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back