ACS Qualification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a C+G plumber but only work with the wet stuff does anyone know where I can get onto a ACS course where I can become fully qualified gas fitter or does any CORGI boys want to take me on 1 day a week for 4 months!!!!

V

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Well slug if you can help I would be grateful but I am not traveling to Pakistan. I am in Romford, Essex by the way

V

Look for training course which gives you a "Guild of Gas fitters" qualification. It's something like 2 evenings a week for a couple or three months. Takes you from squat to ACS level, so you can do the assessments.

It's run by ERS or ERA.

You still need 80 hours experience per appliance, to join Corgi. WHich of course is silly. I suppose I've put 20 cookers in, so that's maybe 5 hours. And at the rate I'm going I'd be 243 years old before I could apply to put Warm Air on my card.
When I did it you just had to pass.

The hours thing has to be interpreted sensibly by whoever signs off your work exp record.

allenvb said:
I am a C+G plumber but only work with the wet stuff does anyone know where I can get onto a ACS course where I can become fully qualified gas fitter or does any CORGI boys want to take me on 1 day a week for 4 months!!!!

V
dont bother mate save your money if you want you can have my corgi badge for what its worth.

ChrisR, thanks for the advice, if your CORGI and you ever need any assitance in antartica, I would be happy to travel

Dunno your circumstances, but there is a course available, which will take you from your current position as a plumber to fully qualified gas engineer, job with an employer, own van, tools mobile etc. within eight months. Local jobcentre will give you more details, ask about the Energy & Utilities skills programme. You have to be registered unemployed. Note the word `REGISTERED`, nudge, nudge, wink,wink. There will be tests & interviews but with your qualls you`ll **** it. Find out the date of the next course, could be 8-12 months, could be sooner, REGISTER as unemployed as soon as poss, by the time it comes up, you`ll be eligible. Easy peasy, lemon squeasy.....Good luck.

traineegasman said:
Dunno your circumstances, but there is a course available, which will take you from your current position as a plumber to fully qualified gas engineer, job with an employer, own van, tools mobile etc. within eight months. Local jobcentre will give you more details, ask about the Energy & Utilities skills programme. You have to be registered unemployed. Note the word `REGISTERED`, nudge, nudge, wink,wink. There will be tests & interviews but with your qualls you`ll p**s it. Find out the date of the next course, could be 8-12 months, could be sooner, REGISTER as unemployed as soon as poss, by the time it comes up, you`ll be eligible. Easy peasy, lemon squeasy.....Good luck.

yes but the thing is with this kind of set up he will be working with the sharks VAN, OWN TOOLS, MOBILE PHONE, UNIFORM.ETC they are taking the p.ss cant you see tgm its all curropt only the contractors make money i mean real money not 600 a week its peanuts compared to what they make out of these 8 month trainee,s and its there name on the ticket if anything goes wrong.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back