Adding bathroom spots

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The lighting in our bathroom is woefully inadequate and therefore we have decided to add some extra lighting to the existing circuit.

There is currently two spot lights recessed in the ceiling operated from a single switch. I'd like to know how to add two extra lights onto each existing light i.e. six spots all operating from a single switch and in series.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Lights are not wired in series, but in parallel.

IE, live to live, neutral to neutral, earth to earth.

If all lights are operated by the same switch, then it does not matter which you take the feed from.

Just make sure that the live connection is not from the permanent live, but that which the brown/red wire feeding the live of the fittings is connected to.

Many thanks for the swift reply...

I'm assuming the diagram for wiring two lights in parallel in Wiki can be extended infinitely (or at least to six fittings)? Second assumption - if one bulb blows the others will stay illuminated?

Cheers,

Howard

Sponsored Links
Yes, as long as they are in parallel, not series (like Xmas tree lights).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back