Adding New Drainage to Garage

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

We want to add wastewater drainage to our garage to create a small utility space for a washing machine and sink.

We are relatively hands-on and confident in DIY, so we wondered whether digging trenches and laying pipework is something that we could do ourselves?

I get a little bit lost with all the different types of plumbing attachments, such as hoppers, traps, junctions, etc., and so I would appreciate some guidance on what we'll need directly outside of the garage wall where the internal plumbing starts to go underground, and whether we should be using 110mm pipe or 30/40/50mm. Plus, whether we should be using push fit or solvent weld?

I've not been able to find a good YouTube video that explains what we're looking to achieve so if anyone recommends a certain channel or video that would also be extremely helpful.

There's a diagram of our current drainage and proposed new drains (in orange) below:

Thanks for any/all advice.

Sponsored Links
110mm underground, on a suitable fall and bedded in peagravel to protect the pipe. 99% of underground stuff is push fit, ensure you cut and chamfer pipes correctly, and use a suitable lubricant for jointing. Bottle Gully outside Building, run wastes to that, either terminate through the grid and above the water level, or use a back inlet type, and connect via a Boss.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back