ADE Concept System Alarm need parts please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have a ADE Concept system alarm and I need the keypad as mine is nackered and I can't seem to find a replacement anywhere.

panel.jpg

If you have a spare one please email or PM me.

Cheers gary.

Sponsored Links
crapday said:
If you have a spare one please email or PM me.

Cheers gary.

You will only find them in the bin (where they belong)

oh and how can any one PM you if the forum has no PM facility :rolleyes: , and you are not showing your email address in your profile :rolleyes:

all this and more info is in the forum rules :evil:

breezer said:

If something has gave over 12 years of trouble fee hassle, then why should it go in the bin?

I never noticed about the PM on this forum. All the other forums that I use have this facility.

I will just have to keep looking I suppose.

crapday said:
breezer said:

If something has gave over 12 years of trouble fee hassle
:confused: Whatnow? :rolleyes:

That keypad is tres tres tres UGLY!!!!! And Im not sure if a new keypad would work with your old system.

Sponsored Links
crapday said:
breezer said:

If something has gave over 12 years of trouble fee hassle, then why should it go in the bin?

I never noticed about the PM on this forum. All the other forums that I use have this facility.

I will just have to keep looking I suppose.

thats why you cant find one, its 12 year old and a pile of cheap junk

Its such cheap junk that in 12 years I have never had 1 false alarm and in the 3 years before that my parents never had a false alarm. Does anyone else know where I can buy cheap junk because if thats cheap junk I want a cheap junk car and a cheap junk house.

I'm clad I never got the same expensive alarm as my friend, he gets false alarms every time there's a bad storm.

I come here for help, not to be told what I have is crap. Without trying to offend anyone, if you cant help then please don't post. :D

This is a good site with a lot of experienced people willing to give others help. Please keep up the good work.

I am helping, the fact you dont like the truth is not my fault.

I never said it was of no use, just cheap junk

like i said, you will not find one becsue they are cheap junk, no they dont make them any more

ADE the people that made your panel jumped in on the market with cheap junk (sorry, your panel) to make money, by offering a cheap (junk) panel
Thousands of them were sold, but alot of them have gone in the bin because they were not substantial to be used too much, they keypads often wore out on them (as yours has) the rubber buttons fell out, the membrane behind the keypad gave up. but yes they did carry on working, but the build quality was very poor. oh i think they were one of, if not the first to have a polycarbonate box (cheap)

ADE went on to make iD biscuits, but they too have fallen by the way side.( i liked them)

all i am saying is your panel was made as cheap as possible. (and i also think its junk due to its poor build quality)

Thats better, you say thousands where made, so there should be some kicking about some where, not necessary the bin.

Most things are made cheaply these days. Lets take it windows XP is cheap crap junk but 94% of computer users use it, that should be in the bin like my ADE alarm and while people do that they should throw their crappy PC's in the bin as well, most of them (sub £500) crap junk too.

crapday.

yes thousands were made, then sold, (no point in keeping it to admire it, no money in that) so there will be none left as they all went in the bin as they often (as i keep telling you) gave up because they are cheap junk

bite the bullet and get a new panel

crapday said:
Mines not in the bin

not yet it isnt

crapday said:
so your wrong on that count. How many other counts are you wrong on then?

I may have got the number made wrong too.

you can keep posting for as long as you like, it doesn't bother me, but the sooner you accept the fact that your panel is no longer made the sooner you can go and buy another panel (then put yours in the bin :LOL: )

I take it you have googled etc, and found nothing, you yourself said its 12 years old, take my advice go and buy something else, in all the time you spend defending your alarm you could have ordered a new one and installed it. (then binned the old one)

Jesus wept are you 2 still bickering?

crapday*, do you really enjoy having that eyesore on your wall? Look at these:

texecom_premier_lcdl_rkp.jpg

784Thumb.jpg

getimage.aspx.ID-14640.gif

cp8l-lcd-kp-3.jpg

Just a few examples of how much better looking they are nowadays.

By the way, you say you've had no false alarms. Have you had ANY alarms???? :eek: Do you know your system works????? :eek:

actaually 12 years for a burglar alarm makes it ancient think about this, compare it to a tv for example.

Tv on say 6 hours a day thats 42 hours / week
average life 10 years

burglar alarm

on 24/7 (ok its not set, but all tampers, pa & psu are on 24/7) thats 4 times longer than your tv, which means that at 10 years old its the equivilant of a 40 year old tv

Provided it is properly built being on 24/7 really shouldn't be a problem for electronics, its probablly less stressfull on the parts than being turned on and off regularly. It's thinks like keypads that tend to wear out.

Unfortunatley I strongly suspect that even if you find parts on a site like EBAY they will probablly be secondhand and in a pretty poor state.

What exactly is wrong with the remote keypad? if it's just a key not responding i'd be tempted to dismantle it and look for bad connections.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back