Ads by BLOODY google

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Using my laptop, which is slower than my PC, this site is a PITA.

Everytime the index loads, I have to wait for the top advert to load before I can do anything. Ass.

My wireless is 54Mbps, and syncs at this - not super G, but BLODDY STANDARD.

I actually get ****ed waiting, and flick to another site or something else rather than wait.

Sponsored Links
Redirect the url the images are comming from to 127.0.0.1 in your hosts file?

General Discussions - cr@p. Im a sparky. Don't look in the other forums.

Lectrician said:
Using my laptop, which is slower than my PC, this site is a PITA.

Everytime the index loads, I have to wait for the top advert to load before I can do anything. Ass.

My wireless is 54Mbps, and syncs at this - not super G, but b****y STANDARD.

Your wireless signal is likely to be far faster than your broadband speed, so that won't be slowing things down.

How old is your laptop ? My PC is 4 year's old but the ad you mention loads in a split second !

Sounds like you might benefit from more RAM - that'll speed things up a bit.

Sponsored Links
Lectrician perhaps you have some software which is slowing the adverts down?

I just have a laptop and it loads the pages fast unless my wife is also on line with her laptop. The same machines on dialup could be very slow so could be just your connection try broadband my laptop is 4year old as well

Lectrician said:

I am happy to wait when I have to. Saves me having to find a way to pay a contribution to the running costs of this excellent service.

Lectrician said:
PITA.
Ass.
b****y
p****d
Please phone your nearest and most expensive restaurant - I've arranged for there to be a free lunch waiting for you.

Sponsored Links
Back