ADT bell box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm about to order Honeywell Accenta Gen4 (wired) alarm panel, i would like to keep the existing ADT yell hex type bell box, I'm guess the ADT bell box is wireless can anyone confirm if this is the case and is there any way i can connect this to the new alarm?
(just to let you know i had a working ADT wireless system)
thank you

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It could be either wired or wireless but in your case its likely to be wireless & maybe just a flashing LED unit & no sounder. You could keep the wireless unit & replace the battery for the LEDs. Or if your cabling a new system run a cable to the bell location & custom fit a new siren to fit inside the ADT box.

Just buy a new bell box for less than £25 then you no you will not have any problems at stupid o'clock in the morning and then need to get the ladders back out.

It could be either wired or wireless but in your case its likely to be wireless & maybe just a flashing LED unit & no sounder. You could keep the wireless unit & replace the battery for the LEDs. Or if your cabling a new system run a cable to the bell location & custom fit a new siren to fit inside the ADT box.
Thanks the only way I really need to take it off to make sure

Sponsored Links
Just buy a new bell box for less than £25 then you no you will not have any problems at stupid o'clock in the morning and then need to get the ladders back out.
That was the original plan however I've been made aware that these adt boxes are more of a deterrent than a standard bell box. Not 100% why I think 1 reason is adt alarms are monitored

Most domestic ADT alarms are key holder only,when the alarm goes off it goes to ADT monitoring station where the operator telephones a key holder NOT the police as they do not have URN's for a police response.

Most domestic ADT alarms are key holder only,when the alarm goes off it goes to ADT monitoring station where the operator telephones a key holder NOT the police as they do not have URN's for a police response.
fair enough, wonder why the bell boxes for a decent clean one on ebay are anything from £50 to over £100 for it with the innards!

also do people only stick dummy boxes outside and just have the internal sounder?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back