ADT bell box on Honeywell system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am about to install my alarm system to go alongside my CCTV system.

I am going to install a good spec Honeywell system with autodialler and adjustable PiRs etc.

However I would like to install ADT bell boxes at the front and back as they look visually more detering and nicer compared to then Honeywell bell boxes.

Is this possible? Or will the Honeywell control until not accept an ADT box?

Also for two boxes, do you recommend two proper bell boxes or one bell box and one dummy box?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Yes
Depends on panel and what bell box
Where are you getting the ADT bellboxes from ?

Yes
Depends on panel and what bell box
Where are you getting the ADT bellboxes from ?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I'm looking at an Honeywell Accenta Mini Gen4 alarm panel and keypad. although I'm happy to change that.

I've found multiple new and used (good condition) ADT bell boxes for sale on ebay.

They are the yellow and hexagon type,

For a start a accenta will probably struggle with two live boxes , if your buying a second hand bellbox you may have various issues with it , ADT used various bellboxes ( same cover different inners ) so you don't know what you are getting ...

Sponsored Links
For a start a accenta will probably struggle with two live boxes , if your buying a second hand bellbox you may have various issues with it , ADT used various bellboxes ( same cover different inners ) so you don't know what you are getting ...

Hi, the ADT bell box is model:

Elmdene Model 7422-EN Grade 1

The bell box is classed as excellent condition and tested and working.

Would you recommend one live bell box and one dummy on my Honeywell system?

Would an ADT dummy still have flashing leds?

Thanks

Grade 1 ? Are you sure ? Never seen a grade 1 bellbox ....grade 2 minimum ....you could run a cable to the dummy and fit some led's

Grade 1 ? Are you sure ? Never seen a grade 1 bellbox ....grade 2 minimum ....you could run a cable to the dummy and fit some led's

Hi there,

Sorry the seller told me the wrong info, after looking at the writing on the inside, it's actually Grade 3.

Also, I found an old thread which had instructions on for connecting an ADT elmdene bell box to an Accenta G4 system.

It said:

Bell/Panel

ST / STB -
RTN / T
H+ /D
H- / A
R- / B

"The battery link goes into the batt terminal.
The engineer link you have to cut when your about to put the covers on.
Watch your ears its loud and will only stop when the last screw is screwed down tight"

Do these look correct to you?

Thanks

Last edited:
Hi,

One of the boxes that I'm looking at is this one. It has the siren and LEDs, however the LEDs seem to be attached to a battery and not to the metal siren box.

However there is a black cable from the siren box. Does this black cable connect to the battery or LED board?

Thanks

Hi there,

I have wired up all of the internal aspects of my Honeywell alarm and it's all working.

However i'm having issues with wiring the external bell box.

The connections on the external ADT bell box are:

H -
H +
BAT -
FAULT
REM TST
ENG
TR
TS
R -
ST -

The 5 connections on my Accenta Mini G4 that need to be wired are:

STROBE -
SCB T
SCB A
BELL D +
BELL B -

I've read previous instructions that mention connecting RTN on the bell box. However there is nothing marked RTN on my bell box.

Thanks

H- on bell box to SCB A
H+ on bell to BELL +
TR on bell box to SCB T
R- on bell box to BELL B-
ST- on bell box to STROBE -

H- on bell box to SCB A
H+ on bell to BELL +
TR on bell box to SCB T
R- on bell box to BELL B-
ST- on bell box to STROBE -

Hi,

Thanks for the help.

I have wired up both sides exactly as you suggest.

But when i turn the system on, I get the tamper lockout fault.

Do you reckon this is to do with a tamp not working on siren end?

Is there a way to temp bypass the tamper on the bell box? I read somewhere that you can connect ENG with another terminal

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back