Which alarm bell box to get, is ADT a good one? :)

What do you do again?

R8 is fine if you want something that cannot do the things you need.

But of course what you say is always right ehh Joe :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
Does everything you need for a domestic.

Not enough part sets, outputs. No onboard dialer/GSM, no lighting control. No access links. List goes on.

But your used to basics. No disrespect.

What people around here want is cheap and simple. It's a fancy doorbell - get over it. No-one needs more part sets than a bedtime. Lighting is done by GJD stuff. Like I said - over 1000 fitted - no break ins. It does the job. Spend 100 times as much and you'll do no better than that.

Sponsored Links
As I said basic stuff. Stuck an R8 in a 8 bedroom house have you?
GJD do, but when you need interface................................

Joe i`m not saying the panel good for what it does, which is very little.
I have fitted about 150 Veritas, the rest run into thousands.

Lets see the Veritas run 1000 zones in a domestic ( and yes it was a domestic) high end.

My average system has 18 zones or more, Domestic.

Yeah sure mate. Even Chubb don't do that.

Most houses in the UK are 3 bed semis - all you need is what I've said. Save your money and buy window locks etc. In the alarm world you reach the point of diminishing returns straight away - even a dummy box in the right place gives 50% security.

I can see now why you post all night and don't work. :rolleyes:

Just because others dont do what Chubb do does that mean it does not happen.
So is that what you were once a Chubby....never mind.

I can still not see why you think everything you say is the gods honest only way things can happen.

You mean you have never worked on linked panels, done 700 camera systems. UDL via sat phones from around the world, Home Automation connected to the alarm.
1600 connected door controllers.
Wow you aint lived ;)

Largest domestic house in London, well it was then. There are now 3 bigger with almost the same amount of zones. Just different technology being used.

Stick to your R8`s mate.

Can't remember what he asked. Just go up the range then until it will. He was talking about kits from B&Q wasn't he? Wants to spend a couple of hundred?

The bottom line is - that the more devices you have the more false alarms and stuff to go wrong. Most of my customers think the R8 is complicated. :confused:

No you dont have false alarms with more equipment if done correctly, most now if not all are user error.
Again another fallacy. Joe your intelligent stop scare mongering.

Some customers if they think thats complicated, but it does have a weird command structure IIRC.

;) ;) ;)

Of course the more gadgets you have the greater risk of false alarms. FFS - it's schoolboy mathematics. :rolleyes:

Risk and cause are eliminated in the survey and fitting.

How many components do you have fail or trip when they should not? Or do you do as I just said ;)

It's mathematical certainty that the greater the number of devices the greater the chance of false alarm breakdown etc. If you have two bus companies - one with 5 buses and one with 500 - which one will get the most breakdowns?

FFS - are you on drugs? :rolleyes:

No, but i think you have little understanding of larger systems. What components are used specifically. And how false alarm management is designed. A major one now is end user training and as much time as possible is given.
How intruder and confirmed works.

As I said how many FA`s are you having?
Sounds like a lot.

None that I ever hear about.

What is the price of your average system then?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back