Which alarm bell box to get, is ADT a good one? :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Im looking to buy a alarm bell box that has a good company reputatio (i have an installed alarm panel already), im an engineer and have no problems installing one which is good, however i would be very grateful if anyone could suggest bell boxes that are a good brands so deter burgulars, also one that has a light on it or something.

Sorry guys and girls another thing to ask is a ADT alarm bell box a good one to go for, and do many house holds have the metal ADT bell box as i could get that, but i dont want my house to stick out too much :)

Thanks very much ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Engineer in what?
And ADT will not sell you a box on its own, especially for you to fit.

Google texecom Oddesey.

Should be fine with one of those and they are in the current trend of white with blue lamps -

As alarm said, ADT Will not directly provide/sell you with one of there bell boxes (not through the proper channels anyway), especially a Rapier (High security Metal Model Sounder)

Best bell box? Depends on personal preference, I like rapiers(if i can get hold of them) Texecom is good as well as Risco.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a Rapier, love them.

Almost £400 quid a go now :D :D :D

Go on lol, intersting to know what alarm set up and pro engineer has. :D . Our house consists of:

Gardtec 370 , Contour 7 segment led screen (Very S**T i know)
4 Gardtec Gardscans
Novagard 1 souder.
2 white d/c's
1 , nova g 1 decoy box.

Come on alarm whats in your house? :cool:

A 370, hahahahahaha

As before a G3-520.
Two live EWD
Two LS
5 DT
2 FMC
2 RKP
Ethernet Connection
GSM Module

Toying with some home automation.

But thats all your getting :D

Guessing your house has no chance at getting burgled aha, I like the 370 tbh its twin segmant led screen and the fact you can set the system with the engineers code. Never let us ma and pa down in the past 6 years. :D

:Dream alarm kit lol

Galaxy G3 144
4 Bosch Gen2 blue line
6 Viper GLX's
Gsm Equipment
Telephone line integration
Two live Rapiers and a dummy
1 elmdene PSU's

Maybe a 370 on the shed ahhaaaaa

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Why?
Use a RF RIO. Forgot, got to do that to the shed myself.
But it is locked and no tools in there can be used to break in.

TBH the G`s are old hat now, GD has superseded.
Bluelines are good kit, but you only want them for the blue LED`s and under EN you really should turn off except in walk test :D
Vipers can be a mare on a busy road or with cats on window sills.

The touchscreen RKP`s are better now and you can add your own graphics.
I assume video will be there soon :D

Think we have nicked the thread enough :D

To do with people trying to work out detection patterns.

you can set the system with the engineers code.
That's as maybe but it can't be turned off with the engineer code if switched on with a user code, can it? I don't know this panel so might be wrong, but I doubt it.

Try it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back