Which alarm bell box to get, is ADT a good one? :)

Just tried it ,

Set with engineers key, and unset it with Master user.

Works the other way round too.

Sponsored Links
Your panels F@@ked then.

Engineers on those will NOT unset a user.

Sponsored Links
I thought something may of been incorrect as no panels i know of that could do that.

Cheers madman

370 was the upgrade to the 350.
The 370 and 350 both had the facility to set with either code but only the same code could unset.

So engineers cannot unset user. User cannot unset engineers.

TO FULL SET THE SYSTEM (USING ENGINEER CODE)
The System may be set using the Engineer Code. It should however be noted that the
System may only be Unset using the Engineer code if it has been Set with the
Engineer code.

In order to explain something that Yale has insinuated I feel this explanation is needed.

A engineers code cannot unset an alarm system once set. Even if the user code has been lost the engineer cannot shut down the system without pulling it apart.
Well before then it will have served its purpose and either notified the people or organizations required,

AT NO TIME CAN THE ENGINEER CODE DO ANYTHING TO THE SYSTEM

A lost code and keypad lockout in the day or unset mode can be changed with an engineer code if and only if THE SYSTEM ALLOWS THIS, IF IT REQUIRES A USER CODE ACCESS IT CANNOT.

Again the system needs to be pulled apart, Once again any notifications will be made on the interference.

Yale is trying to be his usual here and try and be clever.

What?

Try that in English.
It is English, Yorkshire English ;)

I know exactly what is being inferred there. The relevance has no bearing on the conversation we were having though.

and your conversation has no bearing on the post topic.

However you do know what I mean which is why I was amazed to see the recent thread listing everyones equipment.

What we have and how we use it does not matter, nor if we disclose what we use.
In actual fact it is a good thread as it will show the general public that no professional will use a Yale system even if it was the last one in the stores hidden behind the rubbish. It will show we use what we recommend. For our own property and families safety.

See above about codes.

PS I did say several posts back we had hijacked this.
Kind of you to join in.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back