Which alarm bell box to get, is ADT a good one? :)

i bet my "customers" are more satisfied with my installed pro gear , than a Yale diy kit and as for the elec side, thats not illegal as i always have my uncle in to check and sign it off. btw yes he is a spark.

Yale's ass kicked :mrgreen:

So your uncles a sparkie not an SSIAB or NACOSS gold or silver?

So you are fitting ungraded systems.

and you don't have a work permit as required by anyone under 16.

and you are working in a non permitted industry doing non approved tasks.

If your uncle is the sparkie and therefore does the electrical work and its illegal for you to use a ladder what exactly do you do other than make the tea?

Why is it illegal for me to use a ladder?

Sponsored Links
i bet my "customers" are more satisfied with my installed pro gear , than a Yale diy kit and as for the elec side, thats not illegal as i always have my uncle in to check and sign it off. btw yes he is a spark.

Strange that as all my customer are highly delighted with my services.

Sponsored Links
You say he is working illegally, without proof of his age.
Nor of his permitted status which as he is over 13 is more than you think.

A system with provenance and inspected can be graded unlike a Yale (EVER), but of course you know this dont you.

He did mention others do the electrical s,

Your grabbing at straws again. Such a shame as when you stick to what you actually know your not too bad.

Yale, as your mis-quoting again I suggest you read this and associated.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/YoungPe...tsandresponsibilitiesatwork/DG_066272[/QUOTE]

Thats not the full rules - I know as my daughter has a work permit to work at the local hairdressers. See the bit where it tells you to ask your local authority what they are allowed to do?

It is Illegal for madman to be working without a work permit within 7 days of starting any job.
A requirement of the work permit is that a risk assesment is completed by the employer.

I think if the local authorities were told some 14yr old was climbing ladders and wiring mains panels they would have a heart attack.
Has madmans uncle got employers liability cover - I doubt it very much as most companies would not even cover sub 16yr olds.

I'm sure were going round in circles here, in one out and cant get faster out of the other...

I think,
I doubt
I dont

You know sod all, so until then stop judging.

Your showing tonight a lack of knowledge on a few things which include employment law and alarm systems, both here and another thread.

Pack it in before you really have people think your a chancer as you said you were earlier, they might forget it as its a few posts above now.

yaleguy3";p="2220934 said:
Yale, as your mis-quoting again I suggest you read this and associated.

I think if the local authorities were told some 14yr old was climbing ladders and wiring mains panels they would have a heart attack.
Has madmans uncle got employers liability cover - I doubt it very much as most companies would not even cover sub 16yr olds.

* i was 15 on saturday

So your uncles a sparkie not an SSIAB or NACOSS gold or silver?

So you are fitting ungraded systems.

and you don't have a work permit as required by anyone under 16.

and you are working in a non permitted industry doing non approved tasks.

If your uncle is the sparkie and therefore does the electrical work and its illegal for you to use a ladder what exactly do you do other than make the tea?

You dont have to be approved by SSAIB or NSI to install security systems.
If madman in installing pro gear how is it ungraded, What grade is yale ?

Grade 1 is for an installation with a low risk of theft. The property is not likely to attract intruders. It is assumed that a thief is likely to be opportunistic rather than bothering to plan things in advance. it assumes that an intruder is simply going to break open a door - I have never seen this grade installed by proeffesional installers minimum is a grade 2 - I dont even think the yale meets this grade.

Grade 2 is for a slightly higher risk of theft. The property is likely to have something of interest to an experienced thief. In this case the intruder is expected to have some knowledge of how alarm systems work and possibly carry some tools to allow him to overcome a simple alarm system. The thief is likely to check the building for ease of access through doors, windows and other openings. This grade is most common and is the basic grade for remote signalling.

If the installed equipment is installed correctly and is Grade 2, It will be installed to GRADE 2 by madman, Just because your not accredited doesnt mean you cant install a graded alarm system. I know what system i would rather have to protect my property

Would you show your future customers the grading above and tell them that your installation doesnt even meet grade 1. :?:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back