ADVANTAGE ZX6 ALARM SYSTEMS

Post a photo. They are usually molex pins with something like RST under them.

Sponsored Links
I've just had a look at mine, and the 2 pins (which are very small) are to the left of the keybad, about level with the number 4 and just past the black rectangular bit . It says 'NVM RESET' next to them. Then follow Luminaires description above. Hope this helps!

There's a photo in my album of the alarms elecric board inside.
Thanks for your help.
Greg.//media.diynot.com/145000_144872_24108_18238830_thumb.jpg

Is the photo of the back of the alarm control box? Where is the keypad? You need to take the front cover off the alarm control box (2 small screws). The pins are on the front circuit board.

Sponsored Links
I think I'm going mad.. I didn't realise you meant the control box in the house I presumed you meant in the alarm box outside.. When it was said to disconnect the battery I presumed the activity with the pins were in the same alarm box outside.
When you say disconnect the battery for thirty seconds ect; it is meant the battery in the alarm box outside on the wall?
Is there a battery in the control box in the kitchen?
Cheers.
Greg.

I thought it was a bit strange you couldn't see the pins. I thought you must have a different model!
Yes, there is a battery inside the control box also.
Switch off mains.
Flip up the top part of the front panel and unscrew the two small screws.
The front panel folds down on hinges. Disconnect the battery.
Reconnect the outside battery in the box (if you had it diconnected).
Look for the pins as i decsribed previously to the left of the keypad, and follow Luminaires descriptions of how to reset it. This should stop the ringing and allow you to reset the functions and change the code number, etc

I have the Manual for this Alarm and will sacn it for anyone still needing it I have used this alarm since 1994 so very easy to use etc.

Just a note that I found your forum about the Advantage ZX6 as I had accidently set off the alarm via the button in my bedroom. I have never used the alarm in the 12 years I have lived here, managed to stop the noise but could not stop the flashing light.
I must thank you all for your excellent advice as, due to your expert instructions, I have today managed to do so.
I am sure you have helped many others too.
Thank you all once again
Kind regards

Hi,
I too am having problems with this alarm system.
I have followed Luminaires instructions and I think it is still in tamper mode.
The keypad does not appear to work(when I press keys no sound). I have tried with the mains off and battery disconnected and screwdriver over NVM pins,and it is still in tamper mode. I have no alarm sounding but have a red light on control panel and red light flashing on outside box.
Im at a loss if anyone can help I would be grateful.
Thanks
Bill

Hi Bill

It sounds like the speaker fuse is blown. if there is no noise you wont know what mode the panel is in when you power up.

I tried to start the car with the battery disconnected, that didn't work either.

Battery WAS connected, mains were also on, but I cannot figure out what's wrong. As I said earlier any help would be appreciated

Hi, I'm not 100% about this, but i think i'm right in saying that if you want to reset it back to the default settings you will have to:
Remove mains & battery supply
Then you will have to put a screwdriver across the NVM pins (RHS), then connect battery for 3 secs and then remove screwdriver.
Close lid reconnect mains power.
Once this is done, you should be back to the default settings -
User code - 1234
Eng code - 9999

That should enable you to use it.

Let me know me know how you get on.
Where on earth did you get this rubbish from?

Without delving too deeply into this incorrect diatribe the very first thing that jumps out is that you do NOT quote the correct default engineer code.

As an aside a different code is also needed to exit engineering.

And no, I'm not giving out these details here, much better than giving wrong information.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back