Adverts for items not permitted for use on UK roads on DIYnot.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This advert came in the slot at top of page, clicking on it takes one to UK seller and there is nothing wrong with this, however no where does it actually tell you that these can only be used on private roads.
As with the Segway these are not permitted on public roads, I am not worried about if legal or not or safe or not, but to advertise without some notice saying you can't use on public roads to me seems wrong.

There does seem to be generally a lack of information about leisure electric transport the Halfords for example don't say under 14 year old can't ride them. However not seen that advert on DIYnot.

Sponsored Links
What alerted me was on another forum some one had asked about recharging a battery on a one wheel as its range was not enough, thinking they were at some venue using a lead acid with inverter and the one wheels original charger was suggested, then it became plain it was not at a venue but public road, and the user had no idea he was breaking the law, and was rather upset when it was pointed out if he gets caught as with motor bikes on cycle tracks the police could confiscate the one wheel. So a loss of a £1000.

This advert came in the slot at top of page, clicking on it takes one to UK seller and there is nothing wrong with this, however no where does it actually tell you that these can only be used on private roads.
As with the Segway these are not permitted on public roads, I am not worried about if legal or not or safe or not, but to advertise without some notice saying you can't use on public roads to me seems wrong.

There does seem to be generally a lack of information about leisure electric transport the Halfords for example don't say under 14 year old can't ride them. However not seen that advert on DIYnot.

I'd imagine DIYNot does not decide which adverts get served up, that will depend on the cookies on your browser.

Sponsored Links
Adverts, what adverts? I don't see any at all?
That is why I copied and pasted the advert, it is rather random what comes up. When I worked in Hong Kong and I wanted to buy an amateur radio I had either to show passport to show not resident of Hong Kong or my radio licence, so in error I could not buy some thing I am not permitted to use, however this country only guns seem to need licence to buy, some shops will only sell gas stuff to gas safe people and there is a poisons reg but very little else.

However one would expect an advisory note saying not legal for use on British roads.

Last edited:
Back