Advice for using sealant in the bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am not really that great when i comes to DIY so thought i'd ask for help, i have recently moved into a new build house, there are a couple of places in the bathroom where i feel should have a little more sealant on but maybe they don't, if not then thats great.

If i do need sealant for it, i was looking at the different ones and found one called Evo-Stik 007 Crystal Clear All-In-One Sealant & Adhesive Clear, if there is a better one you would recommend then could you let me know please?

I have put 3 of the pics below to see what you think:

Regards

James

Sponsored Links
Personally I'd go for a Dow Corning sealant, either white or clear.
Leave the nozzle uncut so you get a fine bead and go around the offending items where they meet the tiles - and then rub it in with a finger.
John :)

The sealant/adhesives are very difficult to smooth as the adhesive causes it to string. Go for a pure silicon, ideally loosen fitting and gun in behind before tightening.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back