Advice Needed - Brick Course doesn't line up - pic included

Thanks for all your help guys! I'll so some investigations tonight when i get home. I guess the best outcome would be that the new brick work is actually level. I hope so!

Sponsored Links
How wide is the conservatory, 3m or so?

I find it difficult to believe that the house wall can be that far out of level in such a short distance. Not impossible, but very unlikely.

Equally unlikely that the facework can be so far out of gauge when its next to a door frame

Normally the conservatory builder will level all the way around the perimeter with a small level and with each move of the level, it adds another bit of inaccuracy. So after 10 moves it can be 30mm out or so out

What the builder should have done is put two level marks on the house and gauged down from these. If he has done this, and that is what has ended up, then thats it, it could not be any different.

If he has not, then I would not accept his excuse

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back